Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post files for scenario2 and photo of the KP.
Files attached. I can see that the BT controller wake is causing the panic from the XHC controller, but any ideas on how to fix?

IMG_0854.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Your kextcache shows a mismash:
You might want to decide on one method to inject USB and stick with it (suggest custom SSDT + USBInjectAll.kext)

oh right... I didn't even know that was going on. I've tried so many things that I have totally lost track.

So does that mean i remove the other kexts leaving just USBInjectAll?

Could you please explain or direct me to an explanation of making a custom SSDT? I've been paying paying attention (really) but I must have missed that. I don't know where to start.

Note: Your ioreg shows Android File Transfer installed. It is known to cause problems. Also, GenericUSBXHCI is being used. It is ok for some third party USB3, but is not perfect. You should consider installing a supported USB3 card.

Uninstalled Android File Transfer and I'll look into USB3 cards, thanks! I actually thought my USB3 was supported. My board has Fresco FL1009 chips. Whatever they may be.

Thanks for your quick reply and your help. :)

what else is needed to make it work ports fully?
Code:
Air-Gleb:~ glebbarinov$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.

AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.

Your setup looks wrong. You have excluded all HSxx ports so USB2 devices will not work.

Files attached. I can see that the BT controller wake is causing the panic from the XHC controller, but any ideas on how to fix?

View attachment 214545

Need all data/files requested in post #1 , "Problem Reporting".. The KP is from bluetooth...

Need all data/files requested in post #1 , "Problem Reporting".. The KP is from bluetooth...
Sorry, I forgot the ioreg output. Attached here, Clover folder was posted above.

Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext X86PlatformPlugin.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
KernelCache ID: F0C14F0A6A3016650CBB56D6FAFBDC7B
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Attachments

• Mac Pro 5820K.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
In AppleUSBHub what are the differences between the hubs (specifially the top 2 i list)
AppleUSBHub bdeviceclass 9 and subclass1
AppleIntel for 8087:0020 (this is the one that 10.11+ defaults too)
RMH 8087:0020 (rate matching hub)

10.10/10.9 just had AppleUSBHub1 and RMH

is there a way to have the the intelhub not load at all?

does RMH driver load for 8 ports even though my device only supports 6 on one the hubs?

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot the ioreg output. Attached here, Clover folder was posted above.

Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext X86PlatformPlugin.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext
KernelCache ID: F0C14F0A6A3016650CBB56D6FAFBDC7B
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

HS13 is where your bluetooth is connected. If it is internal bluetooth it should be marked UsbConnector=255, not 3 as you have.

In AppleUSBHub what are the differences between the hubs (specifially the top 2 i list)
AppleUSBHub bdeviceclass 9 and subclass1
AppleIntel for 8087:0020 (this is the one that 10.11+ defaults too)
RMH 8087:0020 (rate matching hub)

10.10/10.9 just had AppleUSBHub1 and RMH

is there a way to have the the intelhub not load at all?

does RMH driver load for 8 ports even though my device only supports 6 on one the hubs?

If your EHCI controllers are not being used, they can be disabled (set XHCI mode to Enabled in BIOS).

If your EHCI controllers are not being used, they can be disabled (set XHCI mode to Enabled in BIOS).
The machine only supports usb2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back