Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
...The EHCI disable code comes from the hotpatch repo.
Lol. Somehow i've missed it in the hotpatch repo.
No idea on the slow perf on your card reader. You could also try UsbConnector=3.
Will test. Anything about AppleSDXC drivers handling it? Any thoughts or links you can point me to?

Thanks for your time.

Rehabman,

Having a USB 3.0 issue now. I can only mount one USB 3.0 device at a time that is drawing current. Second device shows up in IOreg but will not mount, and upon unplugging/re-attaching device reports needing more power. Attaching additional USB 3.0 devices that have their own power like powered drives seems to be no-issue.

Attached are two scenarios, one from yesterday mjphall3.zip where the Lacie card reader (USB3.0 in SS01) was mounting and the Lacie Rugged (USB3.0 in SS04) was reporting no power.

One from this morning (mjphall4.zip) with the opposite being true.

Could you please have a look?

Attachments

• mjphall3.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 78
  • mjphall4.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 73
Rehabman,

Having a USB 3.0 issue now. I can only mount one USB 3.0 device at a time that is drawing current. Second device shows up in IOreg but will not mount, and upon unplugging/re-attaching device reports needing more power. Attaching additional USB 3.0 devices that have their own power like powered drives seems to be no-issue.

Attached are two scenarios, one from yesterday mjphall3.zip where the Lacie card reader (USB3.0 in SS01) was mounting and the Lacie Rugged (USB3.0 in SS04) was reporting no power.

One from this morning (mjphall4.zip) with the opposite being true.

Could you please have a look?

No idea. Your issue may be device specific. Try the same devices in a real Mac running the same version of OS X.

You might want to try without injecting port-count.

Last edited:
No idea. Your issue may be device specific. Try the same devices in a real Mac running the same version of OS X.

You might want to try without injecting port-count.

I tried mounting the two drives on my macbook pro (running same os version 10.11.6) and there were no issues. They mounted fine.
Also tried removing SSDT.USB from the patches folder with no changes.

Seems that the system will only allow 1 USB 3.0 port to draw power at a time.
Thanks.

I tried mounting the two drives on my macbook pro (running same os version 10.11.6) and there were no issues. They mounted fine.
Also tried removing SSDT.USB from the patches folder with no changes.

Seems that the system will only allow 1 USB 3.0 port to draw power at a time.
Thanks.

Experiment with different power properties. In my projects, I inject such properties with ACPI or config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary.

First up, thanks so much Rehabman for all of your work. I am blown away by all the time and effort that has gone into this topic alone.

I have made my way through 181 pages of this stuff and have gone from no usb ports to having most working. I have learnt so much. Thanks! :clap::clap:

I have been on Mac Pro 6,1 for ages and going fine and but after updating to 10.11.6 i've had to change to iMac 14,2 to get it working and lost all my usb as a result. It has been a complete disaster that I have spent many days trying to fix.

Things are now much better but still not 100%

Some ports still don't work. My mouse seems to go dead and then need to be plugged in again to work. I have just got USB3 working on 2 of my ports which is lovely and has never happened before but it doesn't register in my system information.

I have used your InjectAllUsb thingo, i've renamed my EH01 and EH02, Ive changed to XHC (but i've still got XHC2), :think: and got the SSDT-XOSI going (i think) which seems to have fixed most things.

I am in WAY over my head here and i would love you to take a look at my system and see what is going on. After this much time it would be great to have it working properly.

I'm hanging on to this hackintosh system for dear life and if it wasn't for your help I don't know where I'd be.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Attachments

• Nickimac.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
First up, thanks so much Rehabman for all of your work. I am blown away by all the time and effort that has gone into this topic alone.

I have made my way through 181 pages of this stuff and have gone from no usb ports to having most working. I have learnt so much. Thanks! :clap::clap:

I have been on Mac Pro 6,1 for ages and going fine and but after updating to 10.11.6 i've had to change to iMac 14,2 to get it working and lost all my usb as a result. It has been a complete disaster that I have spent many days trying to fix.

Things are now much better but still not 100%

Some ports still don't work. My mouse seems to go dead and then need to be plugged in again to work. I have just got USB3 working on 2 of my ports which is lovely and has never happened before but it doesn't register in my system information.

I have used your InjectAllUsb thingo, i've renamed my EH01 and EH02, Ive changed to XHC (but i've still got XHC2), :think: and got the SSDT-XOSI going (i think) which seems to have fixed most things.

I am in WAY over my head here and i would love you to take a look at my system and see what is going on. After this much time it would be great to have it working properly.

I'm hanging on to this hackintosh system for dear life and if it wasn't for your help I don't know where I'd be.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Your kextcache shows a mismash:
Code:
ext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext X79AppleUSBHub.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext X79AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext IOUSBHostFamily.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

You might want to decide on one method to inject USB and stick with it (suggest custom SSDT + USBInjectAll.kext)

Note: Your ioreg shows Android File Transfer installed. It is known to cause problems. Also, GenericUSBXHCI is being used. It is ok for some third party USB3, but is not perfect. You should consider installing a supported USB3 card.

what else is needed to make it work ports fully?
Code:
Air-Gleb:~ glebbarinov$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.

AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 103
  • MacBook Air — Gleb.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 117
Experiment with different power properties. In my projects, I inject such properties with ACPI or config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary.

Thanks. This may be a little over my head. Any suggestions for further reading?
Also, do you think changing system definitions would help? Currently on Macpro 3,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back