Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies.
I certainly don't mean to waste your time.
Still having USB power issues.
USB2.0 devices, iphone, thumb drives etc reporting "USB DEVICE NEEDS POWER"

What port? Which port on XHC should I be looking at in this ioreg you provide?

This ioreg shows only two USB2 devices plugged in (HS13/HS14):
Keyboard Hub
Intuos5 touch M

Neither of them is an "iPhone" or "thumb drive".

You should also try the HighCurrent option.

Keyboard Hub
Intuos5 touch M

Rehabman,
I believe the highCurrent has solved the issue.
I was getting inconsistent mounting results after each reboot - different drives/devices mounting/not-mounting or reporting no power so it was difficult for me to track down a specific port. HighCurrent seems to have allowed everything to work.

Thank you for your help and for your huge contributions to the community.

Keyboard Hub
Intuos5 touch M

I spoke a little too soon. I was able to replicate the issue after a reboot.
Iphone works fine as well as USB2 devices, perhaps this was a HighCurrent issue.
Now USB3 drive "needs power" you will see it listed on SS04, but won't mount.
Tried other SSxx ports with the same effect.

This is an intermittent issue.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• mjphall3.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 83
I spoke a little too soon. I was able to replicate the issue after a reboot.
Iphone works fine as well as USB2 devices, perhaps this was a HighCurrent issue.
Now USB3 drive "needs power" you will see it listed on SS04, but won't mount.
Tried other SSxx ports with the same effect.

This is an intermittent issue.

Thanks in advance.

I have a similar issue to you but only one USB 3 port will only mount USB 3 devices i think its normal. Rest of the ports are fine but don't quote me on that.

Hey RehabMan,

1. To disable EH01 & EH02 i have used the ssdt code as-is from your Y50 ssdt-hack. It works but i'm paranoid that it might not be perfect for my system. Can you check if it's ok to use it for my system? I don't understand much yet about ACPI.

2. Since i disabled both EH01 & EH02 can i skip injecting properties for it? I'm using SSDT-HACK to inject EH01 & EH02 properties.

3. As you can see from my ioreg, i've tested all ports that i enabled but there's one SSP4. My internal card reader is attached to it. It is working but at very low speeds (4MB/s write, 25MB/s read). Is there any way to let AppleSDXC drivers handle it? Or to make it show as internal card reader so apple drivers will handle it? Maybe by spoofing vendor/product id?

Attached native dsdt, ssdt-hack, config.plist & ioreg.

Note: Do not mind "Lenevo EasyCamera" in ioreg. The cable connecting the camera to system is broken. That's why it intermittently disconnects and reconnects again. In short it doesn't work due to physical connector issues. I kept the port active cause mic is also attached to it and mic works as it should.

Hey RehabMan,

1. To disable EH01 & EH02 i have used the ssdt code as-is from your Y50 ssdt-hack. It works but i'm paranoid that it might not be perfect for my system. Can you check if it's ok to use it for my system? I don't understand much yet about ACPI.

2. Since i disabled both EH01 & EH02 can i skip injecting properties for it? I'm using SSDT-HACK to inject EH01 & EH02 properties.

3. As you can see from my ioreg, i've tested all ports that i enabled but there's one SSP4. My internal card reader is attached to it. It is working but at very low speeds (4MB/s write, 25MB/s read). Is there any way to let AppleSDXC drivers handle it? Or to make it show as internal card reader so apple drivers will handle it? Maybe by spoofing vendor/product id?

Attached native dsdt, ssdt-hack, config.plist & ioreg.

Note: Do not mind "Lenevo EasyCamera" in ioreg. The cable connecting the camera to system is broken. That's why it intermittently disconnects and reconnects again. In short it doesn't work due to physical connector issues. I kept the port active cause mic is also attached to it and mic works as it should.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Attachments updated.
Code:
test@tests-MacBook-Pro:~$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

kextcache -u /

kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -volume-root / /System/Library/Extensions /Library/Extensions

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA282.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIKeyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

KernelCache ID: 3F217AAFA809A992A190C15B76801DDA

test@tests-MacBook-Pro:~$

Last edited:

You should probably not be using the entire SSDT-HACK from the y50. It is unlikely your computer is completely compatible. For you to test/investigate.

No need to inject for a device that is disabled.

Internal devices should be marked UsbConnector=255.

You should probably not be using the entire SSDT-HACK from the y50. It is unlikely your computer is completely compatible. For you to test/investigate.
No, you misunderstood. I did not use the entire SSDT-HACK from Y50 repo. It might look like it cause i constructed it that way using comments and all but i copied only EH01 & EH02 disable code. I meant to ask if EH01 & EH02 code in Y50 is compatible with mine. I did not find any issues yet but i thought if you can take a look you'd find if there's anything wrong under a minute.

Other hacks like XOSI, IMEI, MCHC, SMBUS etc are pretty much the same. I used your hotpatch repo for reference. Battery & Brightness keys i had to modify.
No need to inject for a device that is disabled.
Got it. Will remove it.
Internal devices should be marked UsbConnector=255.
It is done already. SSP4 in SSDT-HACK i attached previously has "UsbConnector" at 255. Can you look at question 3 again?

Thanks.

No, you misunderstood. I did not use the entire SSDT-HACK from Y50 repo. It might look like it cause i constructed it that way using comments and all but i copied only EH01 & EH02 disable code. I meant to ask if EH01 & EH02 code in Y50 is compatible with mine. I did not find any issues yet but i thought if you can take a look you'd find if there's anything wrong under a minute.

Your ioreg shows the EHCI controllers are disabled.

The EHCI disable code comes from the hotpatch repo.

Can you look at question 3 again?

No idea on the slow perf on your card reader. You could also try UsbConnector=3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back