Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ACPI configuration is wrong. DropOem=true is not valid unless you also include all OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

The original SSDT-0, and SSDT-1 are included in the patched folder.

The original SSDT-0, and SSDT-1 are included in the patched folder.

Press F4 in Clover and provide all DSDT+SSDTs in ACPI/origin.

Added the origin folder to original post.

Added the origin folder to original post.

I can't find EFI/Clover anywhere.

Please provide all files, as requested. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Not sure what I missed but, but I've uploaded the entire Clover folder to original post

Not sure what I missed but, but I've uploaded the entire Clover folder to original post

XWAK may be doing things you don't want it to do. You should try to disable it by making it do nothing.

XWAK may be doing things you don't want it to do. You should try to disable it by making it do nothing.
That didn't do anything for Scenario 1, and under Scenario 2 still have instant wake and KP.
Here's the pmset output from scenario 1 after a manual wake from the power button if this reveals anything:

2016-10-05 06:56:52 -0400 : Showing all currently held IOKit power assertions
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 493(AddressBookSourceSync): [0x000002fd000181cc] 00:00:13 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Address Book Source Sync"
Timeout will fire in 1786 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff
pid 98(hidd): [0x000002fa000981c2] 00:00:16 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle"
Timeout will fire in 595 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
Kernel Assertions: 0x10c=USB,BT-HID,MAGICWAKE
id=504 level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=10/5/16, 6:57 AM description=en1 owner=en1
id=510 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14300000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
id=511 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d133000 owner=Keyboard Hub
id=512 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d133300 owner=Apple Optical USB Mouse
id=513 level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=BNBMouseDevice
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Last edited:
That didn't do anything for Scenario 1, and under Scenario 2 still have instant wake and KP.

Post files for scenario2 and photo of the KP.

Hello,

I have followed the USB recommendations as outlined in this post as well as Ammulders Skylake Starter post with some success but I'm having a few USB issues that I need some help with.

1. I have installed USBinjectall in clover/kexts/10.11 as well as /other and /10.10 as per guide
2. I have mapped USB ports and created the SSDT-USB.aml and placed it in the patches folder
3. I have run the boot argument to ignore 7 ports bringing my total USB drives to 14
4. I deleted the expand USB to 30 ports (forget the kext name) as outlined by the guide.

You can see from the IOregistry image attached that the ports seem to be behaving...

The problem I have now is:
- iphone, USB thumb drives and usb 2.0 devices are reporting that they aren't getting power.
-yet keyboard, mouse and wacom tablet (2.0) are getting power
- USB 3.0 devices (CF card reader, rugged lacie drive are getting power and behaving normally
-I noticed also in the IO registry that the USB thumb drive is listed but not mounting.

Any direction or advice?

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 8.58.18 AM.png

Hello,

I have followed the USB recommendations as outlined in this post as well as Ammulders Skylake Starter post with some success but I'm having a few USB issues that I need some help with.

1. I have installed USBinjectall in clover/kexts/10.11 as well as /other and /10.10 as per guide
2. I have mapped USB ports and created the SSDT-USB.aml and placed it in the patches folder
3. I have run the boot argument to ignore 7 ports bringing my total USB drives to 14
4. I deleted the expand USB to 30 ports (forget the kext name) as outlined by the guide.

You can see from the IOregistry image attached that the ports seem to be behaving...

The problem I have now is:
- iphone, USB thumb drives and usb 2.0 devices are reporting that they aren't getting power.
-yet keyboard, mouse and wacom tablet (2.0) are getting power
- USB 3.0 devices (CF card reader, rugged lacie drive are getting power and behaving normally
-I noticed also in the IO registry that the USB thumb drive is listed but not mounting.

Any direction or advice?

View attachment 214094

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back