Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check in Windows Device Manager, driver details (where the files that make up the driver are listed). Firmware is a .hex file.
Make sure you have the appropriate driver installed in Windows before looking.

You are not seeing any bluetooth info in System Information because you don't have the right software installed and setup for the device. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext may help, but without a firmware loader, will likely be incomplete.
where to get the latest BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext?
when I get .hex file, how to use it in BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext ?
By the way, in Windows the bluetooth is hard to connect BT device. such as bluetooth mouse and music device.

where to get the latest BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext?

Check old versions of BrcmPatchRAM distribution ZIPs.

when I get .hex file, how to use it in BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext ?

Not possible. BrcmBluetoothInjector is not a firmware loader. You must use BrcmPatchRAM kexts. Read the README. See Info.plist content.

By the way, in Windows the bluetooth is hard to connect BT device. such as bluetooth mouse and music device.

I don't really use bluetooth (it is horribly unreliable).

Note: 0a5c:22be was supported in an earlier version of BrcmPatchRAM, when it was based on the Win7 drivers. But with updates, we used Win8/Win10 drivers, which lack support for that device. You can probably find the .hex in an old version.

Please open a separate thread for future discussions regarding bluetooth. Bluetooth is off-topic in this thread (this thread is for USB).

Last edited:
Not a USB problem (you should see your BT controller in System Information -> USB).
And your device, 0a5c:22be, is not supported by BrcmPatchRAM. Check in Windows to see which firmware is being loaded. Perhaps you can add support for it to BrcmPatchRAM.

I can not see the BT controller in System Information -> USB. It shows only bcm20702A0, is it the BT controller?

Could use a little help trying to get my X99 system to sleep/wake correctly.
@RehabMan, carefully read through all the guides and just trying to get through the last mile. I've attached the DSDT, SSDT's, Clover config and plist from USBinjectall.
macOS Sierra, final release. XHCI, EHCI handoff enabled in BIOS, XHCI Smart Auto.

Scenario 1:
- USBInject plist is edited, however I'm using XHCIMux to move the USB2 devices to EH01, and use the uia_exclude_hs flag
- The IORegistryExplorer dump is from this configuration
- System will sleep and stay asleep. However it is not possible to Wake the system with USB (keyboard or BT), only with the Power button

Scenario 2"
- Using edited USBinject plist to ensure devices stay < 15, no uia flag, and no XHCIMux
- Devices show on USB 3 ports correctly
- System suffers from instant wake and immediately kernel panics.

Note from the Clover config that I do not use any USB injection flags. However, if under Scenario 1 I do Inject USB via Clover, then the system instant wakes, but does not kernel panic. I reviewed the clover logs and a bit a diff of the DSDT under these two conditions and could not see any changes, so curious to know what the Clover Inject USB option does.

Any help or pointers resolving either scenario 1 or 2 would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 203
  • dsdt.aml
    207.4 KB · Views: 87
  • SSDT-XOSI.aml
    162 bytes · Views: 87
  • Info.plist
    13.1 KB · Views: 170
  • ssdt.aml
    2.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Mac Pro 5820K.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 89
  • origin.zip
    33.5 KB · Views: 82
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
@RehabMan, carefully read through all the guides and just trying to get through the last mile. I've attached the DSDT, SSDT's, Clover config and plist from USBinjectall.
macOS Sierra, final release. XHCI, EHCI handoff enabled in BIOS, XHCI Smart Auto.

Scenario 1:
- USBInject plist is edited, however I'm using XHCIMux to move the USB2 devices to EH01, and use the uia_exclude_hs flag
- System will sleep and stay asleep. However it is not possible to Wake the system with USB (keyboard or BT), only with the Power button

Scenario 2"
- Using edited USBinject plist to ensure devices stay < 15, no uia flag, and no XHCIMux

Note from the Clover config that I do not use any USB injection flags. However, if under Scenario 1 I do Inject USB via Clover, then the system instant wakes, but does not kernel panic. I reviewed the clover logs and a bit a diff of the DSDT under these two conditions and could not see any changes, so curious to know what the Clover Inject USB option does.

Thanks

Your ioreg is corrupt. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2"

Thanks

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. DropOem=true is not valid unless you also include all OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back