Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're hitting the 15-port limit.

thank you man.
i am using the kexttopatch by clover. isn't it correct?
look at the picture attached.
this is the same patch that i use with el capitan, and it is working

Attachments

• 15 limit.png
    15 limit.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 131
thank you man.
i am using the kexttopatch by clover. isn't it correct?
look at the picture attached.
this is the same patch that i use with el capitan, and it is working

A different patch is required for recent 10.12 betas.

But the patch is not for long-term use anyway. You should probably go back to 10.11, and configure your USB correctly to stay under the 15-port limit (custom SSDT with USBInjectAll.kext). Then you won't have the problem with the port limit.

In the Skylake Starter guide, there is an nice writeup by ammulder.

A different patch is required for recent 10.12 betas.

But the patch is not for long-term use anyway. You should probably go back to 10.11, and configure your USB correctly to stay under the 15-port limit (custom SSDT with USBInjectAll.kext). Then you won't have the problem with the port limit.

In the Skylake Starter guide, there is an nice writeup by ammulder.

thank you.
now my usb2 and usb3 are fully working!

Specs: 6600k, ASrock Z170ac/itx, 10.11.6 (newest software).

I'm having an issue with the recharging my iPhone. I'm using the usbinjector and all my ports are working. USB 3.0 speed confirmed "Up to 5 Gb/sec" . However when I plug in my iPhone, it recharges at 500 mA. "Extra Operating Current (mA): 0"

How do I get "Extra Operating Current (mA): 1600" so I can recharge my iPhone at 2A speeds?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 9.25.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 9.25.22 PM.png
    328.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 9.46.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 9.46.54 PM.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 139
Specs: 6600k, ASrock Z170ac/itx, 10.11.6 (newest software).

I'm having an issue with the recharging my iPhone. I'm using the usbinjector and all my ports are working. USB 3.0 speed confirmed "Up to 5 Gb/sec" . However when I plug in my iPhone, it recharges at 500 mA. "Extra Operating Current (mA): 0"

How do I get "Extra Operating Current (mA): 1600" so I can recharge my iPhone at 2A speeds?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Can I use this guide to support a Desktop Motherboard Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha with a Port C connector using Intel USB 3.1 controller possibly Generation 2 not sure if it gen 1 or gen 2? I know the MacBook is using Port C Intel USB 3.1 gen 1.

Thanks

Can I use this guide to support a Desktop Motherboard Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha with a Port C connector using Intel USB 3.1 controller possibly Generation 2 not sure if it gen 1 or gen 2? I know the MacBook is using Port C Intel USB 3.1 gen 1.

Thanks
I have the non Alpha version of the HERO. With the latest version of the BIOS, I can use the Rear Panel USB Type C port but only get USB 3.0 speeds due to OS X not supporting USB 3.1 Type C, yet. I'm hoping Sierra and new Macs will finally bring Type C support to hackintoshes.

I'm using the Other World Computing (OWC) Type C dock on MyHero. The dock's ports only work with the USB 3 ports; the HDMI doesn't work, yet, with MyHero.

I have the non Alpha version of the HERO. With the latest version of the BIOS, I can use the Rear Panel USB Type C port but only get USB 3.0 speeds due to OS X not supporting USB 3.1 Type C, yet. I'm hoping Sierra and new Macs will finally bring Type C support to hackintoshes.

I'm using the Other World Computing (OWC) Type C dock on MyHero. The dock's ports only work with the USB 3 ports; the HDMI doesn't work, yet, with MyHero.

Very helpful. Your model has the Asmedia USB 3 controller thats great you got USB 3 to work on that!! So at this point USB 3.1 Intel Gen 2 is not supported and like you said hopefully will be released in September this year!

Which System Model are you using? iMac 17,1?

Very helpful. Your model has the Asmedia USB 3 controller thats great you got USB 3 to work on that!! So at this point USB 3.1 Intel Gen 2 is not supported and like you said hopefully will be released in September this year!

Which System Model are you using? iMac 17,1?
Nope. For El Captian, I'm using MacPro 3,1. For Sierra, I'm using iMac14,2 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back