Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm posting the here

Try with current patch in post #1.

The forum software is removing backslashes in code blocks when editing...

Try with current patch in post #1.

The forum software is removing backslashes in code blocks when editing...
actually you were right!!(as always)
pasted in text editor and that did fix it :thumbup:

Thanks rehabman. I was able to enable all my disabled usb ports, by renaming EHC* to EH0* to avoid the built-in port injectors.

Is there any solution to enable USB3 on non-intel chipsets, on VIA more precisely?

Is there any solution to enable USB3 on non-intel chipsets, on VIA more precisely?

No experience with non-Intel USB3.

I have NEC/Renasas on my desktop, not working, and I'll probably get a compatible card (FL1001) to tide me over with this board until 100-series/Skylake.

Hi RehabMan...

In my system all USB ports can work ... but all usb port detected into the usb 3.0, including USB 2.0 .
USBEHCIPCI.kext not work for USB 2.0, all usb ports handled by USBXHCPCI.kext .
with or without usb patch get the same results .

Ss...
Screen Shot .png

What should I do to USBEHCIPCI.kext can work for usb 2.0 .. ?

thanks..

Attachments

• IORegDSDT.zip
    634.6 KB · Views: 97
Hi RehabMan,
Great guide and thanks for all of your hard work. I am trying to set it up on my GA-Z87MX-D3H - however I have some questions.

1. I've never needed a DSDT before - which one should I use and modify for my board?
  2. My controller already seems to be name 'XHC' by default and I can see all of my USB devices (see screenshot and ioreg explorer output: View attachment GA-Z87MX-D3H_ioreg.zip)
    IOReg Explorer - XHC.png
  3. I am not sure my USB 3.0 high speed device (IB-328U3SEb) is working correctly - despite being attached to USB 3.0 Bus in the System Profiler screen (see screenshot)
    System Profiel - XHC.png
    IOReg Explorer - USB 3.0 HDD.png
  4. I have a strange issue whereby my built-in camera for my cinema display "freezes" after a period of time. I suspect this may be related to USB as this was working flawlessly in Yosemite and also since the camera is hooked up via a USB port.

Hi RehabMan...

In my system all USB ports can work ... but all usb port detected into the usb 3.0, including USB 2.0 .
USBEHCIPCI.kext not work for USB 2.0, all usb ports handled by USBXHCPCI.kext .
with or without usb patch get the same results .

Ss...
View attachment 154707

What should I do to USBEHCIPCI.kext can work for usb 2.0 .. ?

thanks..

It is normal. It means you have no USB2 port routing happening so all devices USB2/USB3 show up on XHCI.

You can use FakePCIID_XHCIMux to force USB2 on XHCI to go to EHCI. It is in post #1.

Hi RehabMan,
Great guide and thanks for all of your hard work. I am trying to set it up on my GA-Z87MX-D3H - however I have some questions.

1. I've never needed a DSDT before - which one should I use and modify for my board?
  2. My controller already seems to be name 'XHC' by default and I can see all of my USB devices (see screenshot and ioreg explorer output: View attachment 154724)
    View attachment 154722
  3. I am not sure my USB 3.0 high speed device (IB-328U3SEb) is working correctly - despite being attached to USB 3.0 Bus in the System Profiler screen (see screenshot)
    View attachment 154723
    View attachment 154721
  4. I have a strange issue whereby my built-in camera for my cinema display "freezes" after a period of time. I suspect this may be related to USB as this was working flawlessly in Yosemite and also since the camera is hooked up via a USB port.

Always use your own native DSDT, extracted and patched if needed.

For most desktop boards, patching DSDT is not needed as you can do most everything through config.plist or additional SSDTs. See the BRIX repo as an example.

If all your devices/ports are working as expected, then you don't need to implement any solutions here.

Your storage device shown in your photo is working at USB2 speeds. (attached to HSxx port).

Check your USB settings in BIOS.

Always use your own native DSDT, extracted and patched if needed.

For most desktop boards, patching DSDT is not needed as you can do most everything through config.plist or additional SSDTs. See the BRIX repo as an example.

If all your devices/ports are working as expected, then you don't need to implement any solutions here.

Your storage device shown in your photo is working at USB2 speeds. (attached to HSxx port).

Check your USB settings in BIOS.
i there mr rehabman!!!!!
currently i'm trying to fix my usb according to your guide and but the problem is how to identify my ports
(i have only 4 usb 3.0 ports only)

i there mr rehabman!!!!!
currently i'm trying to fix my usb according to your guide and but the problem is how to identify my ports
(i have only 4 usb 3.0 ports only)

With 4 USB3 ports, you will have 4 SSPx, and 4 HS0x on XHC (without FakePCIID_XHCIMux).

Plus any internal devices (webcam, bluetooth, etc).

Ports can be found in IOACPIPlane in ioreg.

Your ioreg is from Yosemite. This post applies only to 10.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back