Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that permanent?

Predicting the future is not one of my skills.

If so, is there any express card models that might work? The one I have is recognized, but it doesn't function.

I've never looked into USB3 express cards.

Okay I found them, in my DSDT I have HS01 -> HS15, and SSP1 -> SSP6.

Keep in mind that is 21 ports, so you'll need to determine which ones are actually used.

It will take two separate injectors to determine... then create a final injector that has only the ports needed.

I now only have to change SMBIOS from MacBookAir6,2 to MacBookPro11,2 right? But that's only for XHC, what about the EH01 and PR01, where can I find them? You have my DSDT so please guide me.

You can find all the active ports in IOACPIPlane.

And if you look at DSDT under EHC1/EHC2 nodes (EH01/EH02 after patching).

What I found active in AOACPIPane = HS01 > HS09, SSP1 > SSP4, is that enough to create the injector without "determining" them with separate kexts because I can't understand how I'd do that without help.

Try that, and if all your ports work, then go with it.

If it doesn't work, then you could have active ports at HS10-HS15. So, build an injector with those ports instead of HS01-HS09.

After you're done, cherry pick for the final injector if the required ports happen to reside in both sets.

But I already have all of my ports working but you suggested to create the injector for HS05 and HS15

No need for a port injector if your ports are working.

:\ Do you think that those ports are actually not in use and so I don't have to "enable" them?

Yes. It is why such features (when properly implemented) are in the ACPI spec.

I'm using FakePCIID_XHCIMux on 10.10 (and 10.11) instead of the Multiplex patch.
so you are using clover >kexts>
1 folder for Yosemite
2 one for 10.11?
please clear me
I'm really frustrated after this usb problem and port injectors all technical stuff!!!:crazy:
and also new version of kext built (intel backlit kext etc..) still may work on Yosemite?
and after some time i may kindly request you to write a post about all
thanks

so you are using clover >kexts>
1 folder for Yosemite
2 one for 10.11?
please clear me
I'm really frustrated after this usb problem and port injectors all technical stuff!!!:crazy:
and also new version of kext built (intel backlit kext etc..) still may work on Yosemite?
and after some time i may kindly request you to write a post about all
thanks

I install all kexts to /S/L/E (later I'll change to /L/E for 10.11).

Thank you RehabMan,
one Question:

Is it possible to disable XWAK via Clover or do i need a patched DSDT?

best regards
Iche

Patched DSDT.

Hi Rehabman,

i'm not sure if i need your guide. I think that all ports are working but unsure if USB 3.0 does. The only thing i've done was rename EHC1, EHC2 and also XHCI to XHC (probably not necessary). Can you please check my DSDT and ioreg. Would be great!

Sk

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    59 KB · Views: 286
  • ioreg.ioreg
    2 MB · Views: 261
Hi Rehabman,

i'm not sure if i need your guide. I think that all ports are working but unsure if USB 3.0 does. The only thing i've done was rename EHC1, EHC2 and also XHCI to XHC (probably not necessary). Can you please check my DSDT and ioreg. Would be great!

Sk

The only way to know if its working or not is to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back