Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
After learning from this great thread, USB works flawsless on Dell M3800 (Late 2013).

BIOS options

Using "
Smart Auto" in BIOS/Chipset/PCH-IO Configuration/USB Configuration/XHCI Mode".

_OSI and Windows version checks

In my case, I use
"Windows 8" patch for DSDT.

You should rename EHCx->EH0x.

And also, it's necessary to remove _PRW (my case using 0x0D) to prevent instant wake.

Clover configuration

Apply RehabMan's patch to map _OSI to _XOSI in order to prevent instant reboot after sleep.

Code:
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]                                <dict>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo]					[COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]Comment[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]					[COLOR=#0433ff]<string>[/COLOR]change _OSI to XOSI[COLOR=#0433ff]</string>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#000000]					[/COLOR]<key>[COLOR=#000000]Find[/COLOR]</key>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#000000]					[/COLOR]<data>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo]					X09TSQ==[/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#000000]					[/COLOR]</data>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo]					[COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]Replace[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#000000]					[/COLOR]<data>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo]					WE9TSQ==[/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#000000]					[/COLOR]</data>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#000000]				[/COLOR]</dict>[/FONT][/COLOR]

USB2 port routing(multiplex) and FakePCIID_XHCIMux

Place FakePCIID_XCIMux and FakePCIID in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 to make all your USB work.

Result

Issue with sleep (will halt abnormally after plug in power) solved.

USB keep alive (being mounted) after wake.
:clap:

XHC alive.png

Question
I inject a USB 3 on USB 3 port but only identify as USB 2, is this my setting problem?

since 10.11 requires diffrent dsdt fixes than Yosemite dual booting same drive partition may cause problems?(since it shares same EFI)?

I'm using the same ACPI files on both 10.10 and 10.11 without issue.

Apply RehabMan's patch to map _OSI to _XOSI in order to prevent instant reboot after sleep.

Note that the _OSI->XOSI patch goes together with the SSDT-XOSI code. You should not use one and not the other, and you should not combine this fix with any of the "OS Check Fix" patches.

QuestionI inject a USB 3 on USB 3 port but only identify as USB 2, is this my setting problem?

Likely the messed up _OSI configuration you mention above...

I'm using the same ACPI files on both 10.10 and 10.11 without issue.
really since 10.11 just came out i'm planning to install it in 120 GB partition of same drive
attached files are from my 10.10.5 system without no issue

so you didn't use USB3 Multiplex patch even for Yosemite ?(because current DSDT i have it)
by removing it how does it affect it for 10.11?

P.S i have only 4 usb 3.0 ports only

really since 10.11 just came out i'm planning to install it in 120 GB partition of same drive
attached files are from my 10.10.5 system without no issue

so you didn't use USB3 Multiplex patch even for Yosemite ?(because current DSDT i have it)
by removing it how does it affect it for 10.11?

P.S i have only 4 usb 3.0 ports only

I'm using FakePCIID_XHCIMux on 10.10 (and 10.11) instead of the Multiplex patch.

I'm using FakePCIID_XHCIMux on 10.10 (and 10.11) instead of the Multiplex patch.
ah thanks i can also that way !!!!
by the way my io reg shows i'm not ready to 10.11 right?

No solution in 10.11 for NEC/Renasas USB3.

Is that permanent? If so, is there any express card models that might work? The one I have is recognized, but it doesn't function.

Sir, In ACPIPane I have 13 ports, but in the DSDT I have 21 ports as you wrote, not sure what I exactly have to do, I wanted to test the active ports but I found nothing in any of your injector kext's info.plist regarding any name like HS01 or SSP1.

Look under the XHC injector.

Can you be more specific? It would be very helpful if you make a guide just for creating the injector.

Best to use existing examples as a template.

EDIT:
You've already told me that I only have HS05 and HS15 marked not-connectable, so can I build an injector just for them?

It is all or nothing. Once you create an injector, it must be for all ports that are active. Injectors don't add to the results of DSDT, they replace/override it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back