Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
here i see only SSP 1 is used after testing my (both usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 device plug&unplugging )ports
is that okay :think:
so i can leave HS1-7 (removing 8&9)
removing SSP 2-6

Sounds right.

And you can remove all on EH01 (unless you want to use XHCIMux, which will move your HSxx ports to EH01 hub).

Sounds right.

And you can remove all on EH01 (unless you want to use XHCIMux, which will move your HSxx ports to EH01 hub).
cool !!!
and i don't need to use XHCIMux (i have never installed it in 10.11)

cool !!!
and i don't need to use XHCIMux (i have never installed it in 10.11)

Yeah, most laptops will not need XHCIMux because they won't tend to run into the 15 port limit on XHC.

Some laptops though may have ports directly connected to the EHC controller(s).

I think yours is like my u430 where everything is connected to XHC and EHC is only used when USB2 port forwarding from XHC->EHC is enabled.

Yeah, most laptops will not need XHCIMux because they won't tend to run into the 15 port limit on XHC.

Some laptops though may have ports directly connected to the EHC controller(s).

I think yours is like my u430 where everything is connected to XHC and EHC is only used when USB2 port forwarding from XHC->EHC is enabled.
ya i also found that my hardware is almost same as your u430 ( you have only 3 usb 3.0 ports right?)
eg. i use your version of ALC 283 kext in my laptop (thanks for that )

ya i also found that my hardware is almost same as your u430 ( you have only 3 usb 3.0 ports right?)

Actually, no. Lenovo could have provided 3 USB ports, but no... Only the port on the left is USB3. The other two on the right are USB2 only.

eg. i use your version of ALC 283 kext in my laptop (thanks for that )

Mirone's work really... I just pulled it apart to make the injector (for hassle free updates).

Actually, no. Lenovo could have provided 3 USB ports, but no... Only the port on the left is USB3. The other two on the right are USB2 only.Mirone's work really... I just pulled it apart to make the injector (for hassle free updates).
seriously ?:silent:
dell would have kind enough to install 4 usb 3.o usb ports (including usb power share port)
:angel:

Keep in mind the idea behind port injectors... they are overrides of DSDT. So.. we don't so much worry about what DSDT says (because it is already wrong), unless we are looking for reasonable guesses.

Your DSDT seems pretty messed up... so I'd start with the assumption that you have two ports directly under EH01, and PRT1 is a hub (your DSDT currently declares only PRT6 under it). Because that's the pattern I see with a lot of different computers (and usually port 2 is not used.)

I have tried the other method by pokenguyen on Insanelymac (#65) and this works for me, all 8 ports (EHC1) and 6 ports(EHC2) showed up, although not all of them are usable.
I have attached the IOReg.

Based on the IOReg, I determined the ports (under each HubPort there is a "port" data), see screen capture.
Should all the ports go into the EHC-hub node or in EHC1/2

Code:
EHC1:                            port
USB port1:0x1d130000                03 00 00 00
USB port2:0x1d110000                01 00 00 00
USB port3:0x1d120000                02 00 00 00
BlueTooth: 0x1d150000                05 00 00 00

EHC2:
IntCamera:0x1a140000            04 00 00 00
CardReader:0x1a150000            05 00 00 00

Attachments

• ElCapitan_IORegistry _working.ioreg.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
  • ???? 2015-10-22 ??12.20.32.png
    ???? 2015-10-22 ??12.20.32.png
    139 KB · Views: 161
I have tried the other method by pokenguyen on Insanelymac (#65) and this works for me, all 8 ports (EHC1) and 6 ports(EHC2) showed up, although not all of them are usable.
I have attached the IOReg.

Based on the IOReg, I determined the ports (under each HubPort there is a "port" data), see screen capture.
Should all the ports go into the EHC-hub node or in EHC1/2

Code:
EHC1:                            port
USB port1:0x1d130000                03 00 00 00
USB port2:0x1d110000                01 00 00 00
USB port3:0x1d120000                02 00 00 00
BlueTooth: 0x1d150000                05 00 00 00

EHC2:
IntCamera:0x1a140000            04 00 00 00
CardReader:0x1a150000            05 00 00 00

The ioreg attached is corrupt.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Note: From your screen shot, it is clear you didn't follow the recommendations in post #1.

Download the ZIP from the repo (you will see the ZIP button in github). Or clone it:
Code:
cd ~/Downloads
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All.git injectall.git
cd injectall.git
open .

Thank you - I cloned the folder but I still don't see a kext - this is all I see when I look in the folder
Screenshot 2015-10-22 12.47.59.png

I see various files and a folder with files but no kext.
Are these files the content of the kext? do I need to rename something in order for them to appear as a kext?
or is there a process for converting these files into a kext?

Edited to add
I spotted the Xcode project file - so I guess its to be opened in Xcode which I have now done but how do I turn it into the kext I want. I have previously only used Xcode for editing my clover config.plist

Thank you - I cloned the folder but I still don't see a kext - this is all I see when I look in the folder
View attachment 157986

I see various files and a folder with files but no kext.
Are these files the content of the kext? do I need to rename something in order for them to appear as a kext?
or is there a process for converting these files into a kext?

Edited to add
I spotted the Xcode project file - so I guess its to be opened in Xcode which I have now done but how do I turn it into the kext I want. I have previously only used Xcode for editing my clover config.plist

Read the README. I removed the kext since it is not needed with 10.11.1. But there still is a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back