Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No other way of restoring those other than a fresh install? :banghead::(
The only patching i did so far was for the stuff required to enable NVMe support.
If a fresh install is really required is it ok to load a time Maschine backup after the re-install or will that reload those patched unwanted kexts?

You could try a "refresh install" (which is using the installer without erasing the target partition).

Not sure what fix is that but a search lead me to this post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/
I am assuming i have to follow that guide, will do.

I would probably use a Clover hotpatch via config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches...
It is off-topic here though (this thread is regarding USB).

Great guide! Impossible to understand, but I guess it's a great work.. Still my USB is messed up, and I have no idea how to fix it...

If you have a question, provide details.
And the files requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Great guide! Impossible to understand, but I guess it's a great work.. Still my USB is messed up, and I have no idea how to fix it...

Don't be discouraged, i thought the same when i started and now i think its all good and working.
The guide assumes the reader knows the basic's and altho i've done a few hacks it felt like i was reading Chinese, read it a few times, go one step at a time and you will be fine. Also read my last few posts asking questions, it might help.

Thanks for the help and patience again mr @RehabMan
One final question though, i have everything up and running all ports are good and sleep works fine, do i still need to use the _OSI method?

Last edited:
One final question though, i have everything up and running all ports are good and sleep works fine, do i still need to use the _OSI method?

Because most ACPI code has conditionals on _OSI related to various Windows versions, simulating one of them via _OSI->XOSI is practically compulsory.

Hello guys and specially @RehabMan, you are everywhere man XD

I'm experiencing a weird problem with my MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK. All my ports are working:
  • Rear panel
    • 02 USB 2.0
    • 01 USB 3.1 Type-A
    • 01 USB 3.1 Type-C (in fact I don't even test this one)
    • 04 USB 3.0
  • Front panel
    • 02 USB 3.0
However if I connect my Samsung External HDD with USB 3.0 in any USB 3.0 of my mobo it does not work or even is shown in System Profiler. Indeed if I connect it to any USB 2.0 it works and detects as a removable device, meanwhile if I connect it to USB 3.1 Type-A it also works but detects as a non-removable (local) device.

I'm also using an USB 2.0 Hub with 7 ports but I also tried to restart the system without it and test if External HDD works without success. But if I connect the External HDD on any port of the HUB it also works and detects as a removable device.

My files are attached. Can you please help me to solve this what is a mystery for me?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 1-patchmatic.zip
    51 KB · Views: 75
  • 2-IOReg.zip
    620.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 3-kextstat.zip
    942 bytes · Views: 68
  • 4-EFI-CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 5-kextcache.zip
    896 bytes · Views: 66
Hello guys and specially @RehabMan, you are everywhere man XD

I'm experiencing a weird problem with my MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK. All my ports are working:
  • Rear panel
    • 02 USB 2.0
    • 01 USB 3.1 Type-A
    • 01 USB 3.1 Type-C (in fact I don't even test this one)
    • 04 USB 3.0
  • Front panel
    • 02 USB 3.0
However if I connect my Samsung External HDD with USB 3.0 in any USB 3.0 of my mobo it does not work or even is shown in System Profiler. Indeed if I connect it to any USB 2.0 it works and detects as a removable device, meanwhile if I connect it to USB 3.1 Type-A it also works but detects as a non-removable (local) device.

I'm also using an USB 2.0 Hub with 7 ports but I also tried to restart the system without it and test if External HDD works without success. But if I connect the External HDD on any port of the HUB it also works and detects as a removable device.

My files are attached. Can you please help me to solve this what is a mystery for me?

Thank you!

You need to implement a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext (guide is linked from post #1) such that you're under the 15-port limit on XHC.
Also, you need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext (since 200-series xHCI is not natively supported).
Your ioreg shows XHCI-200-series-injector.kext is not installed.

You need to implement a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext (guide is linked from post #1) such that you're under the 15-port limit on XHC.

"Cool". Maybe I can survive just with USB 3.1 Type-A on full-speed.

I quickly read on post #1 that an USB 3.0 is equivalent to 02 USB 2.0 ports (makes uses of two ports). Is it same thing for USB 3.1 Type-A/C ? If yes, so I have the total of 18 ports (2+((1+1+4+2)*2)) ? And about my USB hub? It also makes use of ports (counting in port limit) or it use a single port to share the speed?

If I understand you did not recommend to increase port limit in these situations that we implement a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, that's it?

Also, you need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext (since 200-series xHCI is not natively supported).
Your ioreg shows XHCI-200-series-injector.kext is not installed.

Yeah I just run MultiBeast "Increase port limit" and replace the USBInjectAll.kext with the last one from your page using KextBeast. But all ports were working even before doing that.

"Cool". Maybe I can survive just with USB 3.1 Type-A on full-speed.

I quickly read on post #1 that an USB 3.0 is equivalent to 02 USB 2.0 ports (makes uses of two ports). Is it same thing for USB 3.1 Type-A/C ? If yes, so I have the total of 18 ports (2+((1+1+4+2)*2)) ? And about my USB hub? It also makes use of ports (counting in port limit) or it use a single port to share the speed?

If I understand you did not recommend to increase port limit in these situations that we implement a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, that's it?

Yeah I just run MultiBeast "Increase port limit" and replace the USBInjectAll.kext with the last one from your page using KextBeast. But all ports were working even before doing that.

You will find out how many ports you have on XHC by completing the "port discovery" process.

Hello. RehabMan.

I just install Sierra on my new computer.
My hardwares are :

i7-7700k
GA-Z270X-UD5
GTX 670
BCM94360CD

I installed your USBinjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.
It has no problem to read USB 3.0 drive from motherboard's USB ports.

However, the problem is:
When I plug any usb (2.0 and 3.0) to Apple's Wired Keyboard's hub, It can not read any USB drive.
Just shows "USB Accessory Needs Power"

I think it is not the keyboard's problem since I was plug the usb to same hub before i patched RehabMan's kext,
It was perfectly worked.

Please help me RehabMan!

I attach my EFI Folder.
(Note: my personal information is deleted.)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.6 MB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back