CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Port HS10. HS10/HS14 are both onboard USB 2. HS14 has the corsair currently. They both have been tried and both work with the corsair.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Port HS10. HS10/HS14 are both onboard USB 2. HS14 has the corsair currently. They both have been tried and both work with the corsair.

Hmmm... no idea.
Probably the BT hardware is not connected correctly or is defective.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmmm... no idea.
Probably the BT hardware is not connected correctly or is defective.
Hmm ok. I thought about adding custom iopowermanagement or other flags to ensure it's getting power, but the device should be automatically setting that if its working, correct? Also how would it be working on Windows right now and not on Mac?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmm ok. I thought about adding custom iopowermanagement or other flags to ensure it's getting power, but the device should be automatically setting that if its working, correct? Also how would it be working on Windows right now and not on Mac?

Power properties can be easily injected with config.plist/Devices/USB/Inject=true.

Motherboard
gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (Clover)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is no ECHI controller on 100-series (and 200-series... and future chipsets). New chipsets are xHCI only.
If you use the port limit patch and USBInjectAll.kext all your ports will be injected.
And yes, if your DSDT uses XHCI instead of XHC, it must be renamed to XHC for USBInjectAll.kext to work properly.
Future questions should include "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.
There is no ECHI controller on 100-series (and 200-series... and future chipsets). New chipsets are xHCI only.
If you use the port limit patch and USBInjectAll.kext all your ports will be injected.
And yes, if your DSDT uses XHCI instead of XHC, it must be renamed to XHC for USBInjectAll.kext to work properly.
Future questions should include "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

So I've tried to follow the guide. Increased the ports. Renamed XHCI to XHC, Installed USBInjectAll.kext but my USB3 ports are still only intermittently working. For example I have a stick plugged into HS07 right now but as you will see on the attached IOReg its not showing up. Have also attached a copy of my config.plist from Xcode in case it helps. I am setup as iMac 14.2 if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Attachments

• IO Reg Craig’s iMac 170517.ioreg
    17 MB · Views: 69
  • config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 158

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've tried to follow the guide. Increased the ports. Renamed XHCI to XHC, Installed USBInjectAll.kext but my USB3 ports are still only intermittently working. For example I have a stick plugged into HS07 right now but as you will see on the attached IOReg its not showing up. Have also attached a copy of my config.plist from Xcode in case it helps. I am setup as iMac 14.2 if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Your ioreg is corrupt... probably wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.
And your problem reporting files are incomplete anyway.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Motherboard
Asus X99 A II
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
Zotac GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Your kextcache output shows:
- USBInjectAll.kext was installed incorrectly:
Code:
USBInjectAll.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
- XHCI-x99-injector.kext is not installed

Remove USBInjectAll.kext. Install with Kext Wizard. And install XHCI-X99-injector.kext.

Note: You will probably also need _OSI->XOSI patch + SSDT-XOSI.aml.

Hi Rehab, I installed as you told me and it worked perfectly. But now with 10.12.5 I've lost a lot of usb3 hubs and most of the powered external hard drives are not detected... Do you know if the update changed something? Thx again

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Rehab, I installed as you told me and it worked perfectly. But now with 10.12.5 I've lost a lot of usb3 hubs and most of the powered external hard drives are not detected... Do you know if the update changed something? Thx again

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
You will also need to describe the problem in detail ("lost a lot of usb3 hubs", and "most of the ...hard drives... are not detected", is not enough information regarding the specifics of the problem).

Motherboard
gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (Clover)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Your ioreg is corrupt... probably wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.
And your problem reporting files are incomplete anyway.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Thanks for your patience RehabMan. I appreciate I'm really slow at this. I got mixed up with the "problem reporting stuff" as I saw a post saying describe your problem clearly and attach relevant files. I think I finally found the right post for "Problem Reporting". When I first read post #1 on this thread and clicked on the link to FAQ "problem reporting" it seemed to be all about laptops so I was confused and not sure if it applied to me as my setup is a desktop. Anyway further down that thread I found the question: "What are typical "problem reporting" files. Hopefully these are the right one and relevant to a desktop as well. I've done my best to follow those instructions (hopefully that's right) and I downloaded the patchamatic zip and put it in usr/bin along with the other things recommended. Changed my IOReg to version 2.1 and I think I've made all the right zips of everything. I exported the Terminal outputs but somehow they wouldn't upload to this site so I took screen shots of them instead.
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 Terminal outpu A.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 terminal output B.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 terminal output B.png
Still having the same issue with USB3. i.e. it is intermittent. It seems to be somehow linked to sleep. Sometimes after sleep USB3 ports are all active. Sometimes not. Attached are the files and outputs suggested. Hope this helps. And thanks again.

Attachments

• CLOVER copy no themes 170517.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 56
  • IO Reg Craig’s iMac 170517.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 53
  • RehabMan.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 51

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for your patience RehabMan. I appreciate I'm really slow at this. I got mixed up with the "problem reporting stuff" as I saw a post saying describe your problem clearly and attach relevant files. I think I finally found the right post for "Problem Reporting". When I first read post #1 on this thread and clicked on the link to FAQ "problem reporting" it seemed to be all about laptops so I was confused and not sure if it applied to me as my setup is a desktop. Anyway further down that thread I found the question: "What are typical "problem reporting" files. Hopefully these are the right one and relevant to a desktop as well. I've done my best to follow those instructions (hopefully that's right) and I downloaded the patchamatic zip and put it in usr/bin along with the other things recommended. Changed my IOReg to version 2.1 and I think I've made all the right zips of everything. I exported the Terminal outputs but somehow they wouldn't upload to this site so I took screen shots of them instead. View attachment 255654 View attachment 255654 View attachment 255655 View attachment 255654 View attachment 255655 Still having the same issue with USB3. i.e. it is intermittent. It seems to be somehow linked to sleep. Sometimes after sleep USB3 ports are all active. Sometimes not. Attached are the files and outputs suggested. Hope this helps. And thanks again.

The ioreg is still corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.