Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the way it's supposed to work, and doesn't explain why there is a problem.

Exactly.

I do wonder if setting UsbConnector correctly for each port would help.
Could be done with a simple AppleUSBMergeNub injector or support could be added to USBInjectAll.kext.

If there are any Macs with native AR support, an ioreg might be enlightening...

** Lets put this on hold for a moment it may be the device **

My USB 3.1 ports do not seem to be working at USB3.1 speeds. I am testing with a G-Tech USB-C Hard Drive 7200 RPM's. I only get 124.6MB/s Writes and 135.3MB/s Reads.

Using Clover EFI Bootloader OSX 10.12.3

I can see the drive plugged in in IoReg residing at D084@ using AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Should I be getting higher speeds?

Kevin

Last edited:
My USB 3.1 ports do not seem to be working at USB3.1 speeds. I am testing with a G-Tech USB-C Hard Drive 7200 RPM's. I only get 124.6MB/s Writes and 135.3MB/s Reads.

That throughput is rather typical of HDD.
You're limited more by the physical aspects of spinning magnetic media than the bus you're using to transfer the data.

That throughput is rather typical of HDD.
Thanks for the quick response. I think that may be it. I am going to grab a USB 3.1 SSD Drive and Check that.

Kevin

System: Gigabyte X99 UD7 WIFI (Clover Uefi)
CPU: i7-5820k/X99
Graphics: GTX 1080ti

Hi Rehab,
I tried your guide with no luck.
All the usb on my mobo are working as usb2. I know that Renesas/Nec are not working but having at least Intel ones Will be Great.
I installed UsbInjectAll and xhci_x99_injector kexts. Patched the ports limit in Clover. Renamed XHCI to XHC, EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02 in DSDT in Clover.

That's what I see:

Every USB Device that I connect goes to the USB 2 Bus and nothing appears in the last USB 3 Bus.

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 02.09.34.png

There's a way to have some USB3 working??

Attached it's my config.plist file.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 80

Hi Rehab,
All the usb on my mobo are working as usb2. I know that Renesas/Nec are not working but having at least Intel ones Will be Great.
I installed UsbInjectAll and xhci_x99_injector kexts. Patched the ports limit in Clover. Renamed XHCI to XHC, EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02 in DSDT in Clover.

That's what I see:

Every USB Device that I connect goes to the USB 2 Bus and nothing appears in the last USB 3 Bus.

View attachment 251388

There's a way to have some USB3 working??

Attached it's my config.plist file.
Thank you in advance

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Sorry, attached there is all the stuff asked in the FAQ.

Hi Rehab,

Thank you.

Attachments

• Don 4 Rehab.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 83
Sorry, attached there is all the stuff asked in the FAQ.

Hi Rehab,

Thank you.

Your kextcache output shows:
- USBInjectAll.kext was installed incorrectly:
Code:
USBInjectAll.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
- XHCI-x99-injector.kext is not installed

Remove USBInjectAll.kext. Install with Kext Wizard. And install XHCI-X99-injector.kext.

Note: You will probably also need _OSI->XOSI patch + SSDT-XOSI.aml.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I did before. It seems that the USB3 port numbers seem to vary for each reboot - really strange. Now running with 20 port limit fix all the time.

I did before. It seems that the USB3 port numbers seem to vary for each reboot - really strange. Now running with 20 port limit fix all the time.

USB port addresses are fixed, dependent only on the USB controller device-id.
No "Problem Reporting" attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back