Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext...
If you connect a USB2 device, it will connect to the USB2 controller (EHCI).
If you connect a USB3 device, it will connect to the USB3 controller (XHCI).

Hm, but even if its a usb3 device, it will be detected on the usb2 hub and usb2 compatibility mode.
Now tried XOSI fix, kext patch + kernel flag -uia_exclude_xhc: Still all devices are usb2.

Hm, but even if its a usb3 device, it will be detected on the usb2 hub and usb2 compatibility mode.

It means you made a mistake.

Now tried XOSI fix, kext patch + kernel flag -uia_exclude_xhc: Still all devices are usb2.

If you need help finding your mistake, read post #1, "Problem Reporting" and attach the required data.

It means you made a mistake.
If you need help finding your mistake, read post #1, "Problem Reporting" and attach the required data.

Ok, here the files are below. Only posted the OEM dir of clover, because all my configuration, kext api etc. is done there. My computer is the "B85M-G". I now stripped down SSDT-UIAC.aml to 3 usb ports I would like to be USB2 permanently. But still, all USB3 devices are detected as USB2, no matter which port.

Thanks!

Attachments

• output-kexts.txt.zip
    1 KB · Views: 73
  • ioreg.zip
    771.6 KB · Views: 86
  • OEM.zip
    3 MB · Views: 68
Ok, here the files are below. Only posted the OEM dir of clover, because all my configuration, kext api etc. is done there. My computer is the "B85M-G". I now stripped down SSDT-UIAC.aml to 3 usb ports I would like to be USB2 permanently. But still, all USB3 devices are detected as USB2, no matter which port.

Thanks!

Your ioreg shows your ports under XHC truncated at 15.
It means you didn't add the port limit patch.

Ok thanks, will try that! I thought you considered the port limit patch as harmful...?

Also, maybe I am hallucinating, but is it possible, that if everything is running over XHCI, that the usb2 mouse pointer moves with a higher refresh rate than connected to ehci?

Ok thanks, will try that! I thought you considered the port limit patch as harmful...?

Also, maybe I am hallucinating, but is it possible, that if everything is running over XHCI, that the usb2 mouse pointer moves with a higher refresh rate than connected to ehci?

The port limit patch is not for long-term use.
But as per custom SSDT guide (linked from post #1), it is very useful for port discovery.
You should read the guide... carefully.
A USB mouse does not come anywhere close to saturating the USB2 bus.

The port limit patch is not for long-term use.
But as per custom SSDT guide (linked from post #1), it is very useful for port discovery.
You should read the guide... carefully.
A USB mouse does not come anywhere close to saturating the USB2 bus.

Sorry, simply don't getting it... I am totally off at the point how to strip down the ports...

Well I have one more question:

I now use the XHCI only, for usb2 and usb3 devices. If I plugin a USB3 memory stick, it appears under the USB3 tree, but the maximum speed always is detected as 480mbit/s, so usb2 speed. Is this caused by the stick, so a fake usb3 stick (though its a more expensive verbatim stick), or is something wrong in my config, so it only detects usb2 speed. In the bios smart-auto for xhci is set.

EDIT:

Ok, I found out my board only has 2 USB3 ports, and those 2 actually are not working at all...

Last edited:
Sorry, simply don't getting it... I am totally off at the point how to strip down the ports...

Well I have one more question:

I now use the XHCI only, for usb2 and usb3 devices. If I plugin a USB3 memory stick, it appears under the USB3 tree, but the maximum speed always is detected as 480mbit/s, so usb2 speed. Is this caused by the stick, so a fake usb3 stick (though its a more expensive verbatim stick), or is something wrong in my config, so it only detects usb2 speed. In the bios smart-auto for xhci is set.

EDIT:

Ok, I found out my board only has 2 USB3 ports, and those 2 actually are not working at all...

All of your USB3 ports will not work at USB3 speeds (some ports are truncated due to 15-port limit).
Must enable the port limit patch.
Then test and determine all ports that need injecting.
Eliminate the ports that do not need to be injected by editing SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.

The guide is linked from post #1, but since you seem to have trouble reading carefully...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Ok, now figured the USB ports, I have 6 active USB backplate ports for my B85M-G mainboard:

HP14 USB2 left bottom
HP13 USB2 right bottom
HP22 USB2 left top
HP21 USB2 right top
HP16 USB2 left mid / SSP6 USB3
HP15 USB2 right mid / SSP5 USB3

So now, I cut away HP16 and HP15 from SSDT-UIAC-all.aml, so these 2 ports are not handed-off to usb2 anymoar? Is that correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back