Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey RehabMan,

I have mapped all my ports but i have a couple of doubts :

1. In both my ioreg and dsdt you can see that bluetooth device is at port number 0x07 but in IOUSB it shows that my bluetooth is at 0x06?
2. I have a Card reader (CDRD) device under SSP4. I never thought it would show under USB but i found it and tested it and it works! In "UsbConnector" property should i assign it 3 (USB3) or 255 (proprietary)? Also, is there any way to make the default Apple card reader drivers attach to it?
3. I cannot see any devices under EH01 so that means i can disable it? Can i also disable EH01 (camera is attached to it)?
Attached is my native DSDT and ioreg.

Native DSDT & IOReg attached.
1. The ioreg shows bluetooth controller is on HS07 (port 7). No idea where you're getting 6 from.
2. Only you can know whether that device at SSP4 is internal or external.
3. Nothing is at EH01 because you're not using XHCIMux. You can disable the EHCI controllers if you find no ports are used on EH01/EH02. Your camera is attached to HS01 on XHC.

Motherboard
GA z170x UD5 th
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
Mac Pro
Why should I have to repeat this? Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Apologies.
I certainly don't mean to waste your time.
Still having USB power issues.
USB2.0 devices, iphone, thumb drives etc reporting "USB DEVICE NEEDS POWER"

Attachments

Motherboard
Lenevo Y510p IdeaPad
CPU
i7-4700MQ, HM86 (Haswell)
Graphics
Nvidia GT755M, Intel HD4600, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
Android
1. The ioreg shows bluetooth controller is on HS07 (port 7). No idea where you're getting 6 from.
2. Only you can know whether that device at SSP4 is internal or external.
3. Nothing is at EH01 because you're not using XHCIMux. You can disable the EHCI controllers if you find no ports are used on EH01/EH02. Your camera is attached to HS01 on XHC.
1. In IOUSB pane if i select bt device it shows 0x6 in "PortNum". That's why i was getting confused.
2. I forgot to mention it is an internal device. Active and visible. It is also defined in DSDT as CDRD Device under SSP4.
3. I found no ports used on EH01/EH02. I'll disable it then.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Apologies.
I certainly don't mean to waste your time.
Still having USB power issues.
USB2.0 devices, iphone, thumb drives etc reporting "USB DEVICE NEEDS POWER"
What port? Which port on XHC should I be looking at in this ioreg you provide?

This ioreg shows only two USB2 devices plugged in (HS13/HS14):
Keyboard Hub
Intuos5 touch M

Neither of them is an "iPhone" or "thumb drive".

You should also try the HighCurrent option.

Motherboard
GA z170x UD5 th
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
Mac Pro

Keyboard Hub
Intuos5 touch M

Rehabman,
I believe the highCurrent has solved the issue.
I was getting inconsistent mounting results after each reboot - different drives/devices mounting/not-mounting or reporting no power so it was difficult for me to track down a specific port. HighCurrent seems to have allowed everything to work.

Thank you for your help and for your huge contributions to the community.

Motherboard
GA z170x UD5 th
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
Mac Pro

Keyboard Hub
Intuos5 touch M

I spoke a little too soon. I was able to replicate the issue after a reboot.
Iphone works fine as well as USB2 devices, perhaps this was a HighCurrent issue.
Now USB3 drive "needs power" you will see it listed on SS04, but won't mount.
Tried other SSxx ports with the same effect.

This is an intermittent issue.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I spoke a little too soon. I was able to replicate the issue after a reboot.
Iphone works fine as well as USB2 devices, perhaps this was a HighCurrent issue.
Now USB3 drive "needs power" you will see it listed on SS04, but won't mount.
Tried other SSxx ports with the same effect.

This is an intermittent issue.

Thanks in advance.
I have a similar issue to you but only one USB 3 port will only mount USB 3 devices i think its normal. Rest of the ports are fine but don't quote me on that.

Motherboard
Lenevo Y510p IdeaPad
CPU
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey RehabMan,

1. To disable EH01 & EH02 i have used the ssdt code as-is from your Y50 ssdt-hack. It works but i'm paranoid that it might not be perfect for my system. Can you check if it's ok to use it for my system? I don't understand much yet about ACPI.

2. Since i disabled both EH01 & EH02 can i skip injecting properties for it? I'm using SSDT-HACK to inject EH01 & EH02 properties.

3. As you can see from my ioreg, i've tested all ports that i enabled but there's one SSP4. My internal card reader is attached to it. It is working but at very low speeds (4MB/s write, 25MB/s read). Is there any way to let AppleSDXC drivers handle it? Or to make it show as internal card reader so apple drivers will handle it? Maybe by spoofing vendor/product id?

Attached native dsdt, ssdt-hack, config.plist & ioreg.

Note: Do not mind "Lenevo EasyCamera" in ioreg. The cable connecting the camera to system is broken. That's why it intermittently disconnects and reconnects again. In short it doesn't work due to physical connector issues. I kept the port active cause mic is also attached to it and mic works as it should.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey RehabMan,

1. To disable EH01 & EH02 i have used the ssdt code as-is from your Y50 ssdt-hack. It works but i'm paranoid that it might not be perfect for my system. Can you check if it's ok to use it for my system? I don't understand much yet about ACPI.

2. Since i disabled both EH01 & EH02 can i skip injecting properties for it? I'm using SSDT-HACK to inject EH01 & EH02 properties.

3. As you can see from my ioreg, i've tested all ports that i enabled but there's one SSP4. My internal card reader is attached to it. It is working but at very low speeds (4MB/s write, 25MB/s read). Is there any way to let AppleSDXC drivers handle it? Or to make it show as internal card reader so apple drivers will handle it? Maybe by spoofing vendor/product id?

Attached native dsdt, ssdt-hack, config.plist & ioreg.

Note: Do not mind "Lenevo EasyCamera" in ioreg. The cable connecting the camera to system is broken. That's why it intermittently disconnects and reconnects again. In short it doesn't work due to physical connector issues. I kept the port active cause mic is also attached to it and mic works as it should.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Motherboard
Lenevo Y510p IdeaPad
CPU
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Attachments updated.
Code:
test@tests-MacBook-Pro:~$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

kextcache -u /

kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -volume-root / /System/Library/Extensions /Library/Extensions

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA282.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIKeyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

KernelCache ID: 3F217AAFA809A992A190C15B76801DDA

test@tests-MacBook-Pro:~$

Last edited: