Graphics
Asus gtx 770
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi. I made the unibeast successfully on a usb stick with El Capitan and trying to install it on
my gigabyte z97 g1 sniper intel pc but it states that "A Guid partition table scheme is required" I
did erased the hdd volume on my pc and it's now one big volume in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format.
But i can't find the guid option in the disktool? How do i do that on my pc?

Hi. I made the unibeast successfully on a usb stick with El Capitan and trying to install it on
my gigabyte z97 g1 sniper intel pc but it states that "A Guid partition table scheme is required" I
did erased the hdd volume on my pc and it's now one big volume in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format.
But i can't find the guid option in the disktool? How do i do that on my pc?

Open Disk Utility > Select drive you want to partition > Erase > drop down menu at the bottom, you can choose GUID

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2558-10-05 at 7.25.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2558-10-05 at 7.25.21 PM.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 317
Hi. I can't do that on my pc only on a mac? Or am i missing something in the process?

Normally when you boot to the OS X installer, you can run the OS X version of Disk Utility (e.g. from the Utilities menu) before you click through to start the install, and at that point you can redo the disk GUID.

#4 i know but there is no "scheme" where you can choose the guid partition map?????
There is mac disk utility during installation but that part is missing? I picked a harddrive
on my pc and formatted in windows and maybe the problem started at that point? I use the
latest unibeast and chosed UEFI BOOT during the usb configuration.

I did the same last year on a ssd with maverick without problems.

#4 i know but there is no "scheme" where you can choose the guid partition map?????
There is mac disk utility during installation but that part is missing? I picked a harddrive
on my pc and formatted in windows and maybe the problem started at that point? I use the
latest unibeast and chosed UEFI BOOT during the usb configuration.

If you use "Erase" like in post #2, you should get the same dialog shown there with the "scheme" option.

Hi Ammulder. Well that "scheme"option isn't there when i erase the hdd.
There must be something else wrong. What the heck am i doing wrong??

I think the "scheme" option only available with usb disk? The 1tb seagate harddrive in my pc
i have renamed the disk several times but you can't use the GIUD with this disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back