Motherboard
Asus Z790-plus
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
My guess is October 4th? What's yours???

The 8th is a very good guess - it was my second choice....

The 8th is a very good guess - it was my second choice....

I think historically, Apple has releases mostly on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

Getting ready to make your Catalina USB Installer

We started suggesting that everyone buy 16GB flash drives to make their macOS installer a few years ago. Many of the so called 8GB drives actually only have around 7.6 GB of usable space. My preference currently is to get the Samsung 32GB Bar Plus drives. They sell for under $10 right now on Amazon. They'll last a really long time, no plastic ! I get about 200 MB/s read speeds on these. So to get ready for the public release, throw out those old plastic 8GB flash drives that are falling apart. They probably won't work for your Unibeast installer. These newer 32GB drives will likely still be large enough to make your installer even ten years from now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BPHML28/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
So, good point about the Flash drive size......folks, listen to your moderator and get the right sized flash drive for your build!

So far today, I have Gold Code on everything, but no actual "official" release just yet......doesn't matter, Gold Code will do, at least for me.

So, I will keep this going.......while the Golden Master was released on 10/4, the official release has not happened yet.

That means that there's a good chance that the official release will be released on the 8th?, the 10th? or the 15th?

My next bet is on the 8th....

So, I will keep this going.......while the Golden Master was released on 10/4, the official release has not happened yet.

That means that there's a good chance that the official release will be released on the 8th?, the 10th? or the 15th?

With all the people already on the golden master, I'm getting very excited.

The beta releasss have been very haphazard as far as release days. Some almost 3 weeks apart, the GM a couple of days after an update. It’s crazy this Catalina thing. 10th or 11th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back