i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
SOLVED: GTX980ti - Display Port - Monitor Boots to Sleep State - Must Power Off then On

As the title states, I have a GTX980ti which is working on the latest 10.11.4 update and newest Nvidia drivers.. I have 2 monitors connected.. one is connected via HDMI and turns on with the boot of the computer (as a secondary monitor also, I will add.. Primary monitor is my other one which has the dock on it). Which brings me to my other monitor. It's plugged in via Display Port and boots into sleep mode (LED on monitor "breathing") until I turn it off then on again, in which it works as expected.

Any thoughts on why Display Port is not booting into an "awake" state?

SOLVED: Switching to DisplayPort v1.1 from the 1.2 I had my Dell U2715H monitor set to did the trick.

Try changing the settings on the monitor.

• DP - v1.2/v1.1
• DDC/CI - disable/enable

Try changing the settings on the monitor.

• DP - v1.2/v1.1
• DDC/CI - disable/enable

Thank you! Switching to 1.1 worked. Any reason behind this? Do the Mac Nvidia drivers not support 1.2?

Thank you! Switching to 1.1 worked. Any reason behind this? Do the Mac Nvidia drivers not support 1.2?

They do support v1.2 which is needed for 4K @ 60Hz. For some reason there is a bit of a conflict with some setups. I have a Dell U2415 and having my monitor set to v1.2 causes no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back