1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I'm experiencing a weird bug: In Safari images are often scrambled and have weird pink errors to them.

I'm using the GTX 970 with the nVidia Web drivers. So far, I've only experienced this error in Safari.

Is this a common Yosemite bug or is there something else wrong?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-28 um 12.17.40.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-28 um 12.17.40.png
    401.9 KB · Views: 191
I have the same issue. Gigabyte 970 on the ASUS X99-S board. If I boot with nv_disabled it doesn't happen, so I can only assume it's a bug with the Web drivers.

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing a weird bug: In Safari images are often scrambled and have weird pink errors to them.

I'm using the GTX 970 with the nVidia Web drivers. So far, I've only experienced this error in Safari.

Is this a common Yosemite bug or is there something else wrong?

Thanks!

Same issue on my GTX 980. Only some random images do it, so it must be some issue with certain image compression or something. I don't see it very often, and while it bugs me, I'm not sure what I can do about it. I'm just happy it works.

This happens to me to on my GTX 750 TI, which is also a Maxwell card. Unfortunately NVIDIA has not fixed this issue with their web drivers so I guess we have to wait until Apple supports Maxwell cards.

Same thing has been happening to me. I just made a post about it as well. I've read a few things I have yet to try since I'm at the office, but might be of use. Maybe we can find a solution:

1) make sure you are using the most up to date Flash
2) unselect "automatic graphics switching" in energy saver, if applicable
3) disabling compress memory in terminal using these steps...
• in terminal// sudo nvram boot-args="vm_compressor=1"
• restart Mac
• if it gets fixed with Nvidia webdriver or OS update, remove with// sudo nvram -d boot-args

I cannot say anything listed above actually works. It is just a few options I want to try when I get home. If anyone else has suggestions, I'd like to hear them out and get this solved.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 12.51.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 12.51.13 PM.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 183
Anyone have luck with fixing the scrambled picture issue? Seems to only affect Safari - Chrome and other apps don't seem to have this problem?

Anyone have luck with fixing the scrambled picture issue? Seems to only affect Safari - Chrome and other apps don't seem to have this problem?

I haven't seen any fixes... doesn't bug me enough to really dig into it though.

So something else weird with this. Here is the same image, one without the Safari sidebar closed is scrambled. If I open the sidebar then the image is fine. Close the sidebar and the image is scrambled again. I did not refresh the page at all between the two screen shots.

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.15.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.15.22 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back