NVidia GTX970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I'm currently trying to get my new MSI GTX970 working on Mavericks. (10.9.5) My motherboard is Gigabyte Z87X-D3H, and the last GPU I had was Nvidia 460. (worked with and without the web driver) The internal GPU is disabled.

Problem is that the system freezes on bootup. Last lines on the log are about initialization of filesystems, or network adapter. There's also line "GeForceSensors (pci2): [Fatal] unknown chipset, 0x124020a1", but I guess that's actually unrelated to the actual graphics driver.

I can get the system to go to desktop with parameter "nv_disable=1", but that seems to disable acceleration completely and I get only 1024x768 resolution. I have upgraded the web driver to the latest version (334.01.03f06). I have also tried nvda_drv=1,
PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000 and various combinations of those, but the system still freezes (presumably) at the same point of the boot process.

Do you have any ideas that I could still try? I wouldn't like to upgrade my system to a newer version of OSX right now, if I don't absolutely have to.

There is no support for Maxwell GPUs prior to Yosemite. Your options are to upgrade to 10.10/11 or get a non-Maxwell GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back