CPU
I7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
I have just recently rebuilt my Hackintosh with a:
H270n-wifi (motherboard)
i7-6700k (CPU)
GTX 970 (MSI) (GPU)

Before I was running Sierra and my GTX970 was running fine now, no matter how many guides and installation forums post I follow. None of them work.

I have downloaded:
Latest Nvidia web drivers (WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105) for build 17G65
Nvidia Cuda Driver Version 410.130
Fake SMC.Kext
LILU.Kext
Shiki.Kext
Whatevergreen.Kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.Kext

My Config.Plist has:
-boot arguments (Dart=0)
-no injected graphics
CsrActiveConfig (0x67)
SMBIOS (14.2)
-System Parameters (NvidiaWeb is checked)
EmuVariableUefi-64 and OsxAptioFix2DRV-64 are installed

and I have already added:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

My GPU still doesn't work can anyone help?

-THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

I have just recently rebuilt my Hackintosh with a:
H270n-wifi (motherboard)
i7-6700k (CPU)
GTX 970 (MSI) (GPU)

Before I was running Sierra and my GTX970 was running fine now, no matter how many guides and installation forums post I follow. None of them work.

I have downloaded:
Fake SMC.Kext
LILU.Kext
Shiki.Kext
Whatevergreen.Kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.Kext

My Config.Plist has:
-boot arguments (Dart=0)
-no injected graphics
CsrActiveConfig (0x67)
SMBIOS (14.2)

and I have already added:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

-THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
My Config.Plist has:
-boot arguments (Dart=0)
-no injected graphics
CsrActiveConfig (0x67)
SMBIOS (14.2)

For 10.13.6 Nvidia Web driver Installation, before launching Nvidia Webdriver installer file, config.plsit should be edited and SIP must be ENABLED by changing CsrActiveConfig (0x67) to CsrActiveConfig (0x00). After install and reboot, edit it back to previous value CsrActiveConfig (0x67) (=DISABLE SIP).

What is actually happening when you say that?

Is it just a black Screen on login in?
or are you unable to Log on to your System?

The computer boots fine and i am able to get to my desktop it's just, Nvidia doesn't recognize my GPU and neither does Nvidia Cuda. when i log in the screen flashes black and my experience is very laggy and on chrome all the textures are freaking out. i had this same issue on sierra but once i enable Vram everything was fine but no matter what it will only start with OSX graphics drivers instead of Nvidia.

Last edited:
The computer boots fine and i am able to get to my desktop it's just, Nvidia doesn't recognize my GPU and neither does Nvidia Cuda. when i log in the screen flashes black and my experience is very laggy and on chrome all the textures are freaking out. i had this same issue on sierra but once i enable Vram everything was fine but no matter what it will only start with OSX graphics drivers instead of Nvidia.

I suggest check this https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update#install-a-specific-driver-version

I have downloaded:
Fake SMC.Kext
LILU.Kext
Shiki.Kext
Whatevergreen.Kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.Kext

Shiki.Kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext are deprecated see :
https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/blob/master/KnownPlugins.md
And https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

My Config.Plist has:
-boot arguments (Dart=0)
-no injected graphics
CsrActiveConfig (0x67)
SMBIOS (14.2)

Did you install the RC scripts when you installed EmuVariableUefi-64 ?
It will not work if you didn't.

Incidentally if you use AptioMemoryFix-64 instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv then you should not need EmuVariableUefi-64.

Shiki.Kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext are deprecated see :
https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/blob/master/KnownPlugins.md
And https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Did you install the RC scripts when you installed EmuVariableUefi-64 ?
It will not work if you didn't.

Incidentally if you use AptioMemoryFix-64 instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv then you should not need EmuVariableUefi-64.

I did install RC scripts when I installed EmuVariableUefi-64 using Cloverv2.4k installer, I tried both the links you sent me and installed kextbeast and run the install with whatevergreen and it still does not recognize my GPU.

Are there any patches I need to put in ACPI? I have the latest Lilu.Kext and WhateverGreen.KEXT in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/Other
the only boot option I have is "Dart=0", I don't have any injected graphics, SIP is enabled and in system parameters I have "inject system id" and "NvidiaWeb" checked with RC scripts and EmuVariableUefi-64 installed and the latest Nvidia Web Drivers.

I tried both solutions you offered and neither of them worked, anything else I could try?

• I suspect your system disk has many corrupt files with all the various things you have installed and reinstalled and changed with many attempts to fix your NVIDIA Graphics.
  • Unless you know exactly what kexts were installed, it will be very hard to uninstall and repair the System disk.
  • If I were in your place, I will back up my personal files to an External Disk and Reformat and Reinstall.
  • I will use the steps for correctly installing Nvidia Graphics in High Sierra 10.13.6 from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back