Contribute
Register

GTX960/Yosemite 10.10.5 HDMI Video Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI z170, z490 Aorus Elite
CPU
6700k, 10700k
Graphics
RX570, 5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[Solved] GTX960/Yosemite 10.10.5 HDMI Video Issues?

For starters I'll put my setup here:
MSI H81M-P33 Mobo w/ 4th Gen i3 @ 3.7gz
EVGA GTX 960
8gb Gskill ram

OS set to iMac14,2

Running 10.10.5 smoothly when in the OS. When I restart (I have restart fix) my screen shows no input with regular dvi, i reboot again and put in nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 at boot in cameleon and it works just fine and doesn't go to black screen. Weird thing though, is that i find myself doing that a lot. Even with multibeast/camelon/clover set with those parameters the nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1, it still makes me type them for some reason, they just don't stick :(. I have the latest web drivers and get full accelleration when its inside the OS and not black screened and able to play World of warcraft just fine so I know they are working, just can't figure the nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 thing out properly.

Okay, 2nd problem:
I want to use both monitors but for some reason the OS only recognizes the DVI port on my GFX card. The HDMI port does not which makes no sense. I want to be able to dual screen but can only use the DVI at the moment anyone have luck with just getting HDMI video to work with this card or dual screen with a similar setup?

Thank you kindly in advance, much appreciated!

Last edited:
Apparently fixed the issues myself.
Had to put the perimeters into nvram for it too officially work.

Opened terminal, typed
sudo nvram boot-args= kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1
put password in, rebooted. Both HDMI and DVI work and running dual screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back