Contribute
Register

GTX960 HDMI 2.0 - 4K TV - 30hz only - how to get 60hz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure your Samsung TV supports 1440p? I have a sony x850c and it only seems to be able to use 1080p or 2160p. I can choose between 4096X2160 or 3840x2160, but nothing in between those numbers and 1080p (such as 1440p).

Yes, I does support a wide variety of resolutions, including those. What I want - at the end - is 3840x2160@60 downscaled to 3008x1692 or 2560x1440 (HiDPI). I can get this with 30 Hz but I fail to get it at 60 Hz.

EDIT:
I have managed to get what I wanted. Here is what I did for El Capitan:

1. Patch IOKit
2. Add custom resolution (3840x2160@60) via SwitchResX
3. Find the monitor definition file, in my case /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4c2d/DisplayYearManufacture-2016-DisplayWeekManufacture-1
4. Go to https://comsysto.github.io/Display-...or-with-HiDPI-Support-For-Scaled-Resolutions/, add the HiDPI modes you which to have into the web interface and copy&paste the "scale-resolutions" key and the array node below into your monitor definition file.
5. Reboot
6. While in SysPrefs->Display hold down the option key while clicking on "Scaled" to get a full list of possible resolutions instead of the Retina-Five-Button choice. Select your preferred HiDPI mode and select 60 Hz as refresh rate.
7. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hi! Did someone solve the problem with
GTX960 HDMI 2.0 - 4K TV - 30hz only - how to get 60hz?

Last edited:
Stuck on HDMI 2.0 LG OLED 55" 4K TV. The pixel patch is not working on 10.12.4 final version.
I can only use 4K @ 30Hz
Have same problem with samsung (too 4k and hdmi 2.0).
If you find any solution, can tell me, please?

Have same problem with samsung (too 4k and hdmi 2.0).
If you find any solution, can tell me, please?
use DisplayPort to cdmi adapter from club3d.

I think hdmi doesn't work natively with Macos. either thunderbolt or dp.

use DisplayPort to cdmi adapter from club3d.

I think hdmi doesn't work natively with Macos. either thunderbolt or dp.

Saw this adapters, and one thing is disturbing my mind. Adatper have name "Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 UHD". My 2 other dell displays wont work if i enable DP 1.2 in their menus, only prev. version. How it should work?

Saw this adapters, and one thing is disturbing my mind. Adatper have name "Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 UHD". My 2 other dell displays wont work if i enable DP 1.2 in their menus, only prev. version. How it should work?

the TV won't have dp at all. in order to get 4k@60 on your TV you would need that adapter since TV's generally don't come with dp.

hdmi port on gpu in Mac doesn't work. I have the dp to cdmi adapter hooked up to my cpu and TV and I'm getting 4K@60 with Chrome 4:4:4 as well.

the TV won't have dp at all. in order to get 4k@60 on your TV you would need that adapter since TV's generally don't come with dp.

hdmi port on gpu in Mac doesn't work. I have the dp to cdmi adapter hooked up to my cpu and TV and I'm getting 4K@60 with Chrome 4:4:4 as well.

Yap, i got it about dp, but my question about little different thing. If my monitors won't work on the dp 1.2 protocol in macos (in windows work perfect), why tv should?

Yap, i got it about dp, but my question about little different thing. If my monitors won't work on the dp 1.2 protocol in macos (in windows work perfect), why tv should?
Do you know if that the case with any other dp displays? Will they not work on dp? Maybe that could be a monitor issue instead of macos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back