Contribute
Register

GTX960 HDMI 2.0 - 4K TV - 30hz only - how to get 60hz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTX960 just support 4k@30hz,you can get info from Nvidia

wasting your time. Get the adapter from club 3d. Believe me i tried everything for years. Works great for me on an lgub8000.
4k 60hz gtx 970

I have been searching for solutions to get my 4k TV @60Hz over HDMI port on my GTX 970 (1x HDMI 2.0, 1x DVI and 3x DisplayPorts) and as of an hour ago, I finally got it working on my Hackintosh PC (macOS Sierra). My TV is now running crystal clear at 4k 60Hz scaled down to 1080p.

I started trying about a month ago on El Capitan without doing any research and thought since HDMI only worked at 30Hz I might give DP a go so bought a random HDMI to DP conversion cable from a local computer store. Of course I ended up with failure so started doing some research. I then bought an HDMI to miniDP adapter by accident without noticing the "mini" on eBay and unfortunately within Australian eBay stores I didn't see any useful active adapters. This Club3D DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 active adapter bought on Amazon was just shipped to my office this afternoon (believe me, here in Australia we don't have fast shippings so getting something shipped internationally from the US which takes only a week I was really touched) and I rushed home to test it out. Started with bloody 30Hz with SIP disabled and "CoreDisplay-patcher.command" from GitHub applied and still no luck. I finally tried SwitchResX and added 4k @60Hz and restarted. Magic! I added scaled resolution 1080p to have the Retina Display feeling and SwitchResX did not let me down.

With all the above being said, the Club3D adaptor + SIP disabled + SwitchResX way is how I got mine working.

I have been searching for solutions to get my 4k TV @60Hz over HDMI port on my GTX 970 (1x HDMI 2.0, 1x DVI and 3x DisplayPorts) and as of an hour ago, I finally got it working on my Hackintosh PC (macOS Sierra). My TV is now running crystal clear at 4k 60Hz scaled down to 1080p.

I started trying about a month ago on El Capitan without doing any research and thought since HDMI only worked at 30Hz I might give DP a go so bought a random HDMI to DP conversion cable from a local computer store. Of course I ended up with failure so started doing some research. I then bought an HDMI to miniDP adapter by accident without noticing the "mini" on eBay and unfortunately within Australian eBay stores I didn't see any useful active adapters. This Club3D DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 active adapter bought on Amazon was just shipped to my office this afternoon (believe me, here in Australia we don't have fast shippings so getting something shipped internationally from the US which takes only a week I was really touched) and I rushed home to test it out. Started with bloody 30Hz with SIP disabled and "CoreDisplay-patcher.command" from GitHub applied and still no luck. I finally tried SwitchResX and added 4k @60Hz and restarted. Magic! I added scaled resolution 1080p to have the Retina Display feeling and SwitchResX did not let me down.

With all the above being said, the Club3D adaptor + SIP disabled + SwitchResX way is how I got mine working.

How did you go about adding the custom resolution to SwitchresX, did you use the simple settings or advanced?

How did you go about adding the custom resolution to SwitchresX, did you use the simple settings or advanced?

Hi IAmSpectre, sorry for my belated reply. Hope the below screenshots can still help you. I took these ones from my SwitchResX.

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 4.26.25 pm.png Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 4.27.12 pm.png Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 4.27.36 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back