Contribute
Register

GTX960 HDMI 2.0 - 4K TV - 30hz only - how to get 60hz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same exact problem as the OP. I just recently bought a Sony 43" 4k TV (XBR43X830C) for a pretty good price since I work at Best Buy and get employee discounts. It provides 4 HDMI ports (seriously would it kill you guys to include a displayport) and have only been able to get 4k running at 30hz on my hackintosh. Works great on windows at the full 60hz, so its definately a driver problem. I've scoured all over the internet to find a fix but apparently no one has found one yet.

Since theres no fix yet and I absolutley dread using Windows (yuck), I've decided that I'll just write the drivers myself. I'm about maybe 25% done but its not easy (alot of math involved), I've only managed to get it running stable at 50hz but theres timing issues where the screen will cycle every 3-4 minutes (really annoying), so I'll have to read up more on the HDMI spec (if anyone is a graphics driver/EE expert please feel free to chime in). I'll try and finish up the drivers when I can but work has been keeping me busy :(

Daunting job for an individual and should not be necessary at all. Going to point the finger at nvidia here and hope they get their act together soon.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

Using the pixel clock patch, I am able to run my 3440x1440 WQHD @ 60hz over HDMI on GTX 960 where before it was locked at 30hz.

I suspect this will also work for 4K resolution but don't have an HDMI 2.0 4k monitor/TV on hand in order to test. Someone else can give it a try.

Here is the patcher github repo: https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch

Try the latest webdriver (346.02.02f02) + OS X 10.10.4 and MacMini 6,2 SMBIOS.

After months of using 30hz, I finally got 4K@60hz over DP!

The latest web driver causes safari to crash constantly. Avoid it.

Experiencing this too.
But hey, 60hz and Safari crashing sometimes, or stable safari an 30hz. Easy.

346.02.02f03 is out now, hopefully it fixes the Safari crashes.

HI everyone

I have the same problem, but with a particularity
i have read that most of you have graphics card and i haven´t bought a graphic card (yet)
i thought it wont be necessary to use Machintos with TV 4K.
One of my doubt, is is it necessary to buy a graphic card with this mother board GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5. If you think it could be necessary, what do you think it will be good choice?

I have red the topic and my friend and I thought that using pixel cloth patch could be very good option
we found in this link info that we will try next week and i will tell you what will happen.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3633447

if we tryed and it does not wrok properly, then i have to image that it is necessary to buy a graphic card to solve this problem

My TV is PHILIPS 50PUK6809/12.I have told with customer service and they confirmed that tv works 60hzs except for video option 30hzs. i checked all options included computer mode and it did not work.

Yosemite and drives was intalled using 2 monitor ( friend monitor´s) Philips LC320W01-SL01 (DVI CABLE) and LE37R41B (HDMI cable)

My computer has the following components
Crucial Ballistik Tactical DDR3 4G 2EAS
GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
Intel Core I5-4670k
SAmsung 850 evo ssd 250gb SATA3
Tacens Radix ECO II 600W
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 450MBPS

I hope i will come back with good news

HI eveyone
We have tried to solve the problem of connection to the TV 4k according to that indicated Neo42 link using HDMI cable
It does not work (in fact to do the installation path pixel cloth, apparently seen no change)
We have been reading that the update to 10.10.5, the problem of hdmi connection, can be solved.
Yesterday and today actualize what makes the test
I hope to have better luck!

HI
Bad luck !!

I upgraded to 10.10.5 and keeps giving me error.
As you can see in the pictures on a monitor of the same brand but if it works without the 4k
I read that the problem could be solved with the GTX graphics card and it seems that monitors Samsung and Sony 4K 55 ", do not have this problem Connection

Someone with this card and / or mentioned have televisions with HDMI cable connections?

Im sorry the insistence, but I find more outlets

Attachments

• osx 10.10.5.jpg
    osx 10.10.5.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 243
  • memory allocation.jpg
    memory allocation.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 198
Been trying for a long time to pull 4k at 60hz on an lg UB8000 tv with hdmi 2.0 Using mis gtx 970 with hdmi 2.0 and yes an hdmi 2.0 cable. Until apple supports it i its OS were screwed, if you can find a 4k tv with dp that should work but NOT HDMI 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back