Contribute
Register

GTX750 + Yosemite 10.10.5 = HDMI @ 30Hz, DisplayPort = not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z68 Extreme3
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
Radeon RX-560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
[Solved] GTX750 + Yosemite 10.10.5 = HDMI @ 30Hz, DisplayPort = not working?

I have just purchased a shiny new Zotac GTX750 1GB in hopes that I will be able to use both my 34" Dell 3415W (3440x1440 resolution) - via DisplayPort and TV (1920x1080) - via HDMI.

My previous videocard, Radeon HD 7850, was "only" able to feed 50Hz via HDMI cable, and its DP was... well, unstable. Having read this forum I was under the impression that nvidia's cards have less problems with hackintoshes...

To my utter dismay after installing latest webdrivers (and providing nvda_drv=1 as a boot option), GTX750 can feed signal only over HDMI, and at 30 Hz. Display port is just not working at all.

Trying to boot without webdrivers just caused a screen to freeze at boot logo (not even past it), unless I requested a safe mode.

When booting without nvda_drv=1, displayport kind of works, but resolution is basically the same as in the safe mode, and everything is so damn laggy.

If any of you kind souls would give me any hints or (God bless you) - provide with [apparently so obvious] solution, my gratitude will be virtually endless.

[Solved - the post below]

You have to use the drivers with that card so not using nvda_drv=1 is out of the question. Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes or Inject/NVidia/True? If so it should be No or False depending on your boot loader. Final question is what system profile are you using?

You have to use the drivers with that card so not using nvda_drv=1 is out of the question. Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes or Inject/NVidia/True? If so it should be No or False depending on your boot loader. Final question is what system profile are you using?

1. GE was set to no, as per instructions
2. I did not use any injections
3. -> this time in multibeast I explicitly chose 14.2 profile and disabled integrated video card support. That was after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Somehow I believe the thing was in using the default profile (6.1? cause system was identified as mid-2008).

Now I can use both DP and HDMI.
Thanks for your input!

1. GE was set to no, as per instructions
2. I did not use any injections
3. -> this time in multibeast I explicitly chose 14.2 profile and disabled integrated video card support. That was after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Somehow I believe the thing was in using the default profile (6.1? cause system was identified as mid-2008).

Now I can use both DP and HDMI.
Thanks for your input!

Well, glad its working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back