Graphics
nVidia EVGA GTX 680 SC 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Title kinda says it all, although I am well aware of how new the 680 is to Mac :p

Only 2 monitors pick up, i've seen the ATI fixes using Duckweed or w/e it and the ATI ports, but i've never seen an nVidia fix :p

Anyone had any luck?

What types of ports and cables are you trying to use to connect your monitors? (DVI, HDMI, DP)

Be as descriptive as possible from endpoint to endpoint and I will test soon.

Only two display can run at the same time. Sorry.

Any 2 will work together, DVI/DVI, DVI/HDMI, HDMI/DP Etc., currently using the 2 DVIs

@Mate94, surely if ATI cards that support multi-monitor can be used in OS to support multi-monitor, and now that the GTX 680/670 is now natively supported in OSX ... they'd support the cards ability for multi-monitor

That's a shame.

Any 2 will work together, DVI/DVI, DVI/HDMI, HDMI/DP Etc., currently using the 2 DVIs

@Mate94, surely if ATI cards that support multi-monitor can be used in OS to support multi-monitor, and now that the GTX 680/670 is now natively supported in OSX ... they'd support the cards ability for multi-monitor

I find this very odd considering that the Retina MBP with the 650M can drive a total of 4 monitors, just like the 670/680s can on the windows side. I wonder what's different with the desktop drivers.

I find this very odd considering that the Retina MBP with the 650M can drive a total of 4 monitors, just like the 670/680s can on the windows side. .

The 6xx series can only drive 3 monitors, not 4. And if the rMBP can run 4 then at least one of those is being fed from the HD4000. Still i would expect 3 from the gtx 680 would be possible. You should probably try all the possible combinations if you haven't already.
g\

EDIT: just noticed your motherboard/CPU combo can also drive graphics. why not run the third monitor off the motherboard?

The 6xx series can only drive 3 monitors, not 4. And if the rMBP can run 4 then at least one of those is being fed from the HD4000. Still i would expect 3 from the gtx 680 would be possible. You should probably try all the possible combinations if you haven't already.
g\

EDIT: just noticed your motherboard/CPU combo can also drive graphics. why not run the third monitor off the motherboard?

The 6xx series can run 4 screens, I run 4 in windows.
And im sure my onboard gets turned off if a discrete GPU is detected

GeForce GTX 680 | Specifications | GeForce

They can, but not on OS X.:mrgreen:

They can, but not on OS X.:mrgreen:

But if the MacBook Pro Retina can support it's internal display, as well as 2 external displays on a 650m, then surely they should be able to support 3 displays on a 680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back