Contribute
Register

gtx680 and 10.8.3 and final cut x

Status
Not open for further replies.
hii,

I had read somewhere that after updating your GTx 680 AND open cl you should change your system definition by using multibeast from mac pro to iMac and then it should work fine. Please try to do that and share the experience i guess it should work flawless. GTX 680 is the best GPU ever used in hackintosh its performance is compared to 3/4 of quadro 4000 graphics. if it works its even more cheaper and i would like to build the same. Please do this and share the experience.

thanks.

I found this tool to monitor gpu usage, which you can use to verify if its working.

http://download.atpurpose.com/atMonitor/atMonitor2.7.1.zip

You have to use this exact build for gpu monitoring to work. When i tried it on my nvidia 670, it worked correctly. I had usually 40% GPU utilization while rendering, than the rest rendering went towards CPU. There is only so much GPU can do, than it must be pipelined to CPU anyway.

for example, my 7970 had same results on my test sequence (HD to SD downcovert, timecode filter, custom color correction) as 670, even though 7970 is 3 times more powerfull then 670 in OpenCL. On the other hand, when i used rain effect, which allowed for higher GPU OpenCL utilization, i got lot better results with 7970. It really depends very much on stuff you do...

for the record, im now on 7970, Mac Pro 3.1 definition, FCPX 10.0.0.8, OsX 10.8.4

ps: also there is some nvidia driver issue - apple stock vs inhouse nvidia, so you might want to investigate it

the final cut x render slow , looks as if it works opengl.

in 10.8.2 work fine in 10.8.3 something happened.

will have to wait for 10.8.4 ??
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If rendering slowed down right after updating to 10.8.3, does final cut use cuda cores?

If yes, your cuda core and gpu drivers also need updating to 10.8.3 also, from the nVidia site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back