Contribute
Register

GTX670 crashes openCl High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProArt B660-Creator D4 (previously Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H)
CPU
i7-12700K (previously i7-3770K)
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 4Gb (previously GTX 670)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I've recently rebuilt High Sierra and everything has been running smoothly until I've tried to do some video editing (in Wondershare Filmora) and have been getting consistent crashes out of the program. I'm running NVIDIA web drivers (downloaded).
Error log attached.
Mentions opencl runtime so not sure what that is related to and not sure what flags or kexts I might need to add or disable?
Anyone with any hints or suggestions it would be welcome.
config.plist also attached.
Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.3 KB · Views: 88
  • error_log.pdf
    251.6 KB · Views: 93
Thanks P1LGRIM. I actually copied that EFI from another working build similar to mine and when it hard worked in all other areas I didn't dare question it. But I've now removed the Nvidia injection and all ACPI fixes just 'to see' what happened. Surprisingly it booted up and so far (one attempt) I haven't had the video editor crash.
So thanks again!

Well my initial excitement was short-lived.... getting the (almost immediate) crashes again even after this ACPI cleansing. See attached screenshot of crash log.

Any other ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 5.11.40 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 5.11.40 pm.png
    634.5 KB · Views: 51
Okay jezzalencko9, I've had a look at your file. You could try using the attached EFI folder which is Ivy Bridge + Nvidia. I've added in your systems serials from your previous post. It should technically run.

In addition to missing ig-platform-id you had some missing kexts and patches - I've filled them out for you based on one of my previous builds. You may need to replace the SSDTs in the ACPI folder because they are from my Asus P8Z68-V-Pro board (with Ivy Bridge).

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 103
Thanks Middleman. Please excuse my ignorance, but I assume you mean replace all the SSDT-xxxx.aml files and if so, I have no idea how or what to replace them with. Where would I find (or how would I know) what SSDT files are required for my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H board?

Thanks Middleman. Please excuse my ignorance, but I assume you mean replace all the SSDT-xxxx.aml files and if so, I have no idea how or what to replace them with. Where would I find (or how would I know) what SSDT files are required for my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H board?
the ones in your current EFI partition

Thanks. So I've replaced my EFI folder with that one Middleman.

I've also swapped out the ACPI 'origin' and 'patched' folder with the contents that were already in my EFI folder (i.e. only 3 x DSDT files and nothing in the patched folder, see attached).

I was able to boot up successfully (except I had to put AtherosL1cEthernet.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext in kext folder for Ethernet to work).

I ran Wondershare with fingers crossed, however, it crashed again almost immediately.:( See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 1.png
    Screen Shot 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2.png
    Screen Shot 2.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 69
The three DSDT tables you copied are not doing anything in the Origin folder. They can be deleted.

I have run through the EFI Folder provided by Middleman and made some further edits, see if this CLOVER folder attached helps any.

I have removed/edited some graphics related entries in the config. Deleted/changed the SSDT's, Kexts and drivers to what I hope will work with your Ivy Bridge/Nvidia system.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 90
Thanks Edhawk. I've run that Clover folder and it hangs on boot-up now. See screenshot attached. Maybe I can try a staged approach?

Attachments

• IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back