i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys.

just wanna check why is everybody on ML?

I know i'm running a i3 with Intel HD 2500 that isn't supposed to work but hey... it runs on VGA, at least i got it working without knowing it was supported haha.

Anyway.
I plan to buy a GTX650 or 650TI and plan to use its HDMI port.
Seen many users got it working OOTB but mostly on ML.
Before I make the purchase, anyone have the instructions for it to work on Lion 10.7.5?

TIA :D

Simple for me. I'm on ML because I need iCloud to synch with my iPhone/iPad.
And also for the time machine, on multiple disk without to change settings each time.

What is the resolution when you get from the VGA?
full resolution? What size of screen?

As you mentioned in the other thread, my resolution is 1072x768 on VGA.
Currently the HDMI and DVI doesn't work on my board probably due to the unsupported graphics.

My old acer non-hdmi screen is 1600x900.
Otherwise, I have a Full HD LG TV as well.

ML has more support for modern hardware, like ivybridge motherboard/CPU and more GPU. Like the GPU you want, support is built in to ML, its not supported in Lion.

Switch the question round - Why aren't you on ML?

As you mentioned in the other thread, my resolution is 1072x768 on VGA.

So you can say it's working well :)
i spent a week with an issue on my hd4000 after making a FusionDrive. And it was driving me nuts. Even I only have a "small" 20 inch monitor.

You should definitely try ML when you get your GPU.
no reason to stay back unless you had some incompatible software/hardware.

Gang,

See MacMan's article on the [url="http://www.tonymacx86.com/343-os-x-10-8-3-nvidia-6xx-opencl-benchmarks.html]OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks[/url] issues.

Always had a feeling that ML isn't that stable yet.

Anyway, if it fits the 650, i'll go upgrade it to ML.

The 650 and 650 Ti are supported in Mountain Lion 10.8.2, not in the previous versions since the new iMacs, MBPs and MBAs are the first to use the 650m chipset.

I share your concern about Mountain Lion being mature enough for production use. I have always waited for the 10.x.3 update before making the transition to the latest OS X just to see if the bugs are worked out. I now think that Mountain Lion 10.8.3 is mature enough to start the transition from Lion 10.7.5 to 10.8.3 on my production Macs and hacks. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back