Contribute
Register

GTX580 enabler after 10.7.4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
What way did you enable OpenCL on nvidia original drivers?

aedon said:
I used the new multibeast enabler first. then installed the Nvidia drivers over that. not sure if it was needed that way but it's worked for me so far...

evanesce said:
aedon said:
I used the new multibeast enabler first. then installed the Nvidia drivers over that. not sure if it was needed that way but it's worked for me so far...
Is OpenCL Enabled in the NVIDIA drivers?

Once you updated them you lost the patch from MultiBeast.

I'm still on 7.3, my GTX 580 sems to be running fine with Multibeast enabler support only.

Is it recommended to install Nvidia drivers anyway or is there no gain to that?

I recommend you guys download the latest 10.7.4 nvidia drivers

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/macosx-2 ... er-uk.html

they solved my opengl bugs with shaders and solved my slow performance opening launchpad with transition to mission control, etc.

Iidon't edited geforcegdl.kext to opencl but i think is not needed
Screen%20Shot%202012-05-12%20at%203.34.04%20PM.png

iMac-404 said:
I recommend you guys download the latest 10.7.4 nvidia drivers

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/macosx-2 ... er-uk.html

they solved my opengl bugs with shaders and solved my slow performance opening launchpad with transition to mission control, etc.

Iidon't edited geforcegdl.kext to opencl but i think is not needed
Screen%20Shot%202012-05-12%20at%203.34.04%20PM.png
Can you answer the question of macman pleaase. Do the NVIDIA drivers enable OpenCL?

smolderas said:
Can you answer the question of macman pleaase. Do the NVIDIA drivers enable OpenCL?

I have tested the driver and it does not enable OpenCL. I have tried installing it and then Macman's patch (in MultiBeast-4.4.0) and the other way around, and I had no success enabling OpenCL.

Also, OpenCL didn't work with 10.7.4 original driver plus Macman's patch, even if (the patch is) installed manually.

I believe I might add that I'm using a GTX480 (not 580) and a ATI5870 on my machine.

tworems said:
smolderas said:

I have tested the driver and it does not enable OpenCL. I have tried installing it and then Macman's patch (in MultiBeast-4.4.0) and the other way around, and I had no success enabling OpenCL.

Also, OpenCL didn't work with 10.7.4 original driver plus Macman's patch, even if (the patch is) installed manually.

I believe I might add that I'm using a GTX480 (not 580) and a ATI5870 on my machine.
You are wrong.
I'm on 10.7.4 native drivers (not from nvidia) and I did use multi beast 4.4.1 to enable openCL. It works.

smolderas said:
tworems said:
smolderas said:

You are wrong.
I'm on 10.7.4 native drivers (not from nvidia) and I did use multi beast 4.4.1 to enable openCL. It works.

It might be because you're on a GTX570. It didn't work for me. It was working on 10.7.3, though.

tworems said:
It might be because you're on a GTX570. It didn't work for me. It was working on 10.7.3, though.
Ehm no. Please do as following:
- install Combo OpenCL enabler 10.7.2+ in multibeast 4.4.1
- repar disk permissions
- clean the system kext cache:
-- sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
-- sudo kextcache -system-caches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back