Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed the 10.7.2 update on my hackintosh desktop and after the reboot, I found that gpu acceleration was disabled and applications that require it were broken... aperture for example gave me an inappropriate video card error.

I believed it to be a problem with the video driver, so I did what I used to do in 10.6 when this would happen, and download the official quadro drivers, and force install the packages. this lead to a situation where WindowServer crashed every time i rebooted. So I rebooted in safe mode and decided to download and run the latest version of multibeast, updating chimera to the latest version, and running easybeast.

after rebooting, i can't even get to the display manager anymore and safe mode doesn't work either.

I'm not quite sure what to do at this point besides removing /extras, reinstalling 10.6.0 from dvd, updating to 10.6.6 via combined update, running multibeast to get the bootloader back online, running the lion upgrade again, running multibeast, running the 10.6.2 combined update, and then running multibeast again and then perhaps living without graphics acceleration for a while until i find a working solution to my original problem... (a 2-5 hour process).

times like this, I wish i had duplicated my hard drive before I did the upgrade *sigh*.

Does anybody have any suggestions for my situation?

does

Re: gtx470 lost accleration after 10.6.2 update

is anyone experiencing anything remotely like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back