Contribute
Register

GTX Titan Z - anyone testing this card yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i7 5930K
Graphics
GTX980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am curious if this card is supported or not on MacOS? Anyone tried this out yet?
I have had a chance to play with one as a demo on windows and it is outstanding. I have no idea if the core processor in these cards is anything remotely like the original Titan ----

Anyone know anything about this card? Let me know.

Let me save you the trouble: DO NOT GET THIS CARD. Don't even bother considering it. Its an utter clusterf*ck waste of money. Driver performance (i.e. thread distribution over GPUs by apps) is abysmal even in windows, much less OS X. About the only thing it kills is Luxmark, N-Body simulations, binomial calculations, FFTs, Ax+B matrix operations, etc. which are all niche things that PhDs like myself will be doing in a laboratory environment with the $$$ to support it. If you've got cash to burn, get (2x) 780/780Ti or, if your really into GPGPU, Titan Black or R9 280x.

Let me save you the trouble: DO NOT GET THIS CARD. Don't even bother considering it. Its an utter clusterf*ck waste of money. Driver performance (i.e. thread distribution over GPUs by apps) is abysmal even in windows, much less OS X. About the only thing it kills is Luxmark, N-Body simulations, binomial calculations, FFTs, Ax+B matrix operations, etc. which are all niche things that PhDs like myself will be doing in a laboratory environment with the $$$ to support it. If you've got cash to burn, get (2x) 780/780Ti or, if your really into GPGPU, Titan Black or R9 280x.

...the price tag is a bit much. Titan black it is..... thanks for the advice.

You may want to keep up to date w/ OpenCL support on the GK110b (i.e. Titan Black). I know its been iffy but I haven't been keeping up to date on it since i went AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back