GTX 980TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can you guys help me find out why i can't get the HDMI to work i have no video and no audio. I have no errors when booting in to OS X but when it reaches logon window it goes black only my DVI monitor works now:banghead:

Specs: GTX 980Ti, i7 4790K, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1 WiFi-BK, 500GB Samsung HDD For OSX 10.10.5 and a 2TB WD Black for Windows 7.

Let's troubleshoot!
- Does Displayport work?
if so can you try a displayport to hdmi adapter?
- You said DVI works or am I reading it wrong?
Try DVI to HDMI adapter, you'll still need to add a sound source.

If Displayport works use that instead but just get an adapter if your monitor does not accept said connector.

Can you guys help me find out why i can't get the HDMI to work i have no video and no audio. I have no errors when booting in to OS X but when it reaches logon window it goes black only my DVI monitor works now:banghead:

Specs: GTX 980Ti, i7 4790K, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1 WiFi-BK, 500GB Samsung HDD For OSX 10.10.5 and a 2TB WD Black for Windows 7.

I had the same thing happen with the GTX980 SC when I first got my rig to boot up. If DVI is working then you should try simply using the display port. If you aren't getting either your HDMI or HDMI audio to work then - I'd say - it is your custom support kext has not been added correctly or at all.

Let's troubleshoot!
- Does Displayport work?
if so can you try a displayport to hdmi adapter?
- You said DVI works or am I reading it wrong?
Try DVI to HDMI adapter, you'll still need to add a sound source.

If Displayport works use that instead but just get an adapter if your monitor does not accept said connector.

DVI does support audio when using a DVI to HDMI adapter. You just need the HDMIAudio.kext.

DVI does work and no Audio whatsoever. display port does not work HDMI does not work. where do i find this custom graphics kext i have not installed one. sorry for the really late response! Thanks!:beachball:

DVI does work and no Audio whatsoever. display port does not work HDMI does not work. where do i find this custom graphics kext i have not installed one. sorry for the really late response! Thanks!:beachball:

There is no customs graphics kext. You need to have the Nvidia web drivers installed that you get directly from Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back