CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I replaced my R9 390X with a GTX 980 Ti yesterday and I am having a number of problems.

1. I cannot boot with dual displays, if I try I get stuck in a boot loop. I have read various threads which attempt to tackle this issue but I don't seem to be having any luck. I can plug the second display in once I get to the login screen and it works fine.

2. NVidia Driver Manager shows OS X Default drivers enabled every single time I reboot (yes I followed the solution here and it made no difference). The odd thing is I have acceleration (I can preview the screen savers fine) so I am not sure why this is happening.

Can anyone help me out (my case is huge and under the desk so it is a real PITA having to pull it out every time I reboot so I can access the HDMI cable to hotplug the second display).

Everything else is working (audio, I can turn the power on and off on my monitors, hotplug them, havent tested sleep yet but presuming it will work since I can hotplug the displays with no issues).

2. NVidia Driver Manager shows OS X Default drivers enabled every single time I reboot (yes I followed the solution here and it made no difference). The odd thing is I have acceleration (I can preview the screen savers fine) so I am not sure why this is happening.
That's happening when your NVRAM isn't functional (which is the case on most/all Gigabyte 100 series mainboards). It's no problem as long as you've enabled the WebDriver by other means.

Just to be sure: Both your displays are digital, so no VGA involved here?
Did you disable Inject / Nvidia and set your SMBIOS to iMac14,2?

That's happening when your NVRAM isn't functional (which is the case on most/all Gigabyte 100 series mainboards). It's no problem as long as you've enabled the WebDriver by other means.

Just to be sure: Both your displays are digital, so no VGA involved here?
Did you disable Inject / Nvidia and set your SMBIOS to iMac14,2?

Disabled Inject NVidia (kernel panic if I don't) and changing SMBIOS to 14,2 made no difference.

I also did Problem 4, Method 1 from this thread.

Hey Paladin,

I had the same problem until i switched "false/" to "true/" under config. Did you change your config.plist to "true/"? (right below <key>NvidiaWeb,/key>)

should look like this

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

----

BTW, were you able to get your hdmi port to recognize your monitor? I have no luck. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Hey Paladin,

I had the same problem until i switched "false/" to "true/" under config. Did you change your config.plist to "true/"? (right below <key>NvidiaWeb,/key>)

should look like this

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

----

BTW, were you able to get your hdmi port to recognize your monitor? I have no luck. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Hi,

I do not have a key in my config.plist called NVidiaWeb...

My HDMI port is recognising my monitor but only if I plug it in after I get to login screen - if I try to plug both monitors in before then OS X gets stuck in a boot loop.

So I am still trying to resolve this issue if anyone has any ideas?

I do not have a key in my config.plist called NVidiaWeb...

In CloverConfigurator - System Parameters :

Nvidia.png

Thanks P1LGRIM, will that fix my issues with booting with both displays as well?
No idea, I don't have the same hardware as you.
BTW you could have tried it in the time it took to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back