Contribute
Register

GTX 980 Ti - can't get it to work! 5MB VRAM - Did the "correct" installation - Noob asking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI 170A Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
MSI GTX 980 TI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear readers,

I got everything sorted out, only my GPU is not working. I have been trying a lot of different methods now but I simply can't get it right.

First I had the Intel HD 530 option. that worked. My computer worked swiftly and had a 1080p resolution. Today I installed the GTX 980 Ti and my resolution is limited to 1280x1024.

My specs
MSI Z17A Gaming Pro Carbon (link)
MSI GTX 980 Ti (link)
i5-6600k

What I did
  • I installed the correct drivers listed here > http://www.macvidcards.com/drivers.html. I chose the last one (10.12.3).
  • I edited my config.plist with the corresponding NvidiaWeb = true (see attached config.plist)
  • I tried a bunch of other options and lost track on what I should do or shouldn't do.

Some pictures
Schermafbeelding 2017-03-25 om 16.14.57.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-25 om 16.15.05.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-25 om 16.18.18.png

Please note: once I change the radio button to "NVIDIA Web Driver", my Hackintosh restarts and gets booted into the "OS X Default Graphics Driver".

Now, I don't really know what to do. I'm lost and I really want to test this GPU out. I'm a bit of a noob here, but please help me out!

Thank you kindly for your time, I'm looking forward to your replies :)!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 259
I'd try to fix you mainboard's NVRAM support by installing EmuVariableUefi.
Thank you Florian for your quick reply! I don't understand... What is EmuVariableUefi and how can I install it? I've been trying to Google it but can't figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back