Contribute
Register

GTX 980 OSX 10.10.2. Computer Doesn't Enable Graphics Card And Doesn't Work Anymore In general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.
I have tried to install 10.10.2 on my system, which is:

- Seasonic S12G 750W PSU
- MSI Z97 GAMING 5
- I7 4790K 4.0 GHz
- Gigabyte GTX 980 Gaming G1
- 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz

My problem is that i get stuck on the grey bar loading screen (OS already installed) before the login screen, after i installed the new nvidia web drivers.
I'll explain exactly how i worked.

- Monitor connected to the GTX 980 CARD (Which hasn't left the computer during the whole process)
- Disabled every hard drive, except for the "OSX to be" one.
- Downloaded 10.10.2 regulary from an other mac
- Made the usb pen drive with unibeast (exact same settings as written in the installing guide)
- Set BIOS accordingly (Used the MSI Guide here on the site) (note i didn't disable the onboard graphics)
- Install OS X by using "-nv_disable=yes" (only way it worked)
- Used multibeast (with setting showed on the MSI 9 Series guide)
- Result. Working mac (booting with "-nv_disable=yes), but small graphical issues (expected due to the lack of drivers) and a bit slow.

Now here comes the problem...

I installed the latest nvidia drivers for 10.10.2 (which have been confirmed working with the GTX 980), added "nvda_drv=1" and "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to the kernel flags, restarted (this time not using "nv_disable=yes") and this time it takes like 30 minutes to get to the half of the grey bar (under the apple logo) than freezes.
The funny thing is that now even if i use "nv_disable=yes" it freezes.

Any ideas?
To be honest i find strange that the graphics card didn't work, but the signal came regulary though my GTX 980 port...

Should i be worried? have i destroyed something?

Thanks a lot.

YAY!
Tried to do everything from scratch, but disabling the integrated graphics card from beginning and it works flawlessly! (For Now)
I also changed some multibeast settings.

I'll let you know how it will perform ;)

I got a same problem, too!

I updated OS X to 10.10.2, and then update NVIDIA Web Driver to latest version by using GTX770.
But I got a same issue when I changed to GTX980.

Same issue here, my integrated graphics is set to disabled but mine still freezes on the grey apple screen once i have installed the nvidia web drivers

I finally solved the problem.

It caused because my DSDT file got some value settings problem.
After I remove DSDT, now GTX980 can work normally with WebDriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back