Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hi guys,

I'm using my hackintosh for quite a while now. And except for the fact my gigabyte x99 ud5 crashed, the system works fine!

Though, from the start it always felt like yosemite isn't using the full capacity of the GTX980.

• There's always 1 gpu fan spinning, on a very very low rpm, even under very heavy load. While on windows they are both spinning, and with intensive use, they spin quite fast.
  • Glitches and strange artifacts happen very often. Mostly after the computer is turned for a while, or under heave load.
  • Davinci Resolve prompts 'Your GPU Memory is full'. Sometimes even when I just boot up the software without doing anything. That's very weird. This GPU should handle the software very easily. It would normally only reach it's limits when editing advanced 4K RAW material.
    When using resolve in windows boot, there are no issues at all and it works flawlessly.
  • Sometimes, after intensive use, all graphical animations like scrolling, zooming and fast movements start lagging and the system feels extremely sluggish.

I'm always up to date with the web drivers, hoping that someday performances would improve. But till now, it hasn't.

The specs of my system FYI..
- Intel i7 5930k
- Geforce GTX 980 MSI
- 32GB DDR4
- Gigabyte UD5 X99
- Plextor M2 m6e

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Sorry, I haven't seen any issues that sound like yours. As far as the fans spinning, there should be no fans spinning at idle.

Thanks for your reply!

Do you think this has something to do with a bad GPU? Or maybe some wrong settings in clover?

Artifacts generally mean something is going on with the GPU, especially when under load. I would try the GPU in another OS if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back