Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok, so I had to boot back to HSierra just recently (I've been doing windows stuff) and the only thing changed on my PC is my graphics card. (My previous card the RX 480 worked like a charm) So, I couldn't boot in, with a flashing message, that I didn't memorize.
Power off, change to my trusty GTX 660 I keep around, It boots into HSierra no problem. Update comes up for H Sierra, and I made the mistake to install it.
Reboots, but now not even my GTX660 is able to boot into HSierra anymore. Same flashing line of message on top of the screen and blinking cursor.
I'm guessing I will have to reinstall no doubt, but if my memory is correct, I have read something about compatibility issues of High Sierra with certain GTX cards, especially the 9xx series?
So, I just want to know basically if there is anyone running HSierra with GTX 980 with the latest patch, otherwise I won't bother trying and wasting time.
Thanks!

Which System definition are you using?
Are you able to boot the system with -x?
You have to install nvidia web drivers to works with 9x0 and 1x00: be careful, because the installaton it's a little bit tricky with High Sierra, you have to work with CSR config at boot (you'll found pleny of guide in the forum).

My MacPro 2009 that has been firmware upgraded to current using a GRX980Ti is running fine with NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.25.158 using 10.13.3 and I did the upgrade on Sunday Night Feb 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back