CPU
I7-7550U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I correctly followed step by step the El Capitan site's guide. The PC does start, although I had to install clover manually from the official site (also reported in the guide). After that, I tried to install the nvidia web driver from the link reported. I tried two times. Each time I had to boot the system using the boot argument "nv_disable=1" the first time, and then normally after the driver installation.

During the first attempt, I was unable to get the "use nvidia web drivers" configuration saved in the prefpanel.
During my second attempt (after reinstalling the whole OS) I was able to get it saved, but no changes were possible in monitor configuration.
Especially, the main problem is that there's only one avianle resolution (1280x800) while my monitor is a full HD (1920x1080), connected through display port. In advance, the "Mac info" panel recognize as graphic card a nvidia chip 3MB, which probably is the motherboard integrated GPU.

Any advice? Here's the component list of the PC

Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS
RAM: G.Skill, 16GB, DDR3-1600
CPU: Intel I7-4790K, 4.00GHz
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980

Thanks everyone for help!

I correctly followed step by step the El Capitan site's guide. The PC does start, although I had to install clover manually from the official site (also reported in the guide). After that, I tried to install the nvidia web driver from the link reported. I tried two times. Each time I had to boot the system using the boot argument "nv_disable=1" the first time, and then normally after the driver installation.

During the first attempt, I was unable to get the "use nvidia web drivers" configuration saved in the prefpanel.
During my second attempt (after reinstalling the whole OS) I was able to get it saved, but no changes were possible in monitor configuration.
Especially, the main problem is that there's only one avianle resolution (1280x800) while my monitor is a full HD (1920x1080), connected through display port. In advance, the "Mac info" panel recognize as graphic card a nvidia chip 3MB, which probably is the motherboard integrated GPU.

Any advice? Here's the component list of the PC

Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS
RAM: G.Skill, 16GB, DDR3-1600
CPU: Intel I7-4790K, 4.00GHz
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980

Thanks everyone for help!

The 3MB in About this Mac is usually caused by Inject/NVidia/True when it should be False in your config.

SOLVED. After reinstalling I tried to star OS X with the following boot arguments:

dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_drv=1

It now works fine. It actually says it's using the OS X drivers, but in fact it isn't. Thanks for help anyway!

SOLVED. After reinstalling I tried to star OS X with the following boot arguments:

dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_drv=1

It now works fine. It actually says it's using the OS X drivers, but in fact it isn't. Thanks for help anyway!

GraphicsEnabler=No is not a valid Clover boot argument.

Well, I'm not an expert, but if i try to start OS X without that argument it freezes. I actually found that argument browsing through some of the topics on the forum.

Can you provide a link ?

Ok, I suppose I'll have to remove that argument and find another way to let it work, even if it actually was working...

It only starts with these arguments, so if somebody has my problem a try can be given.

Use tonymacx86's config.plist-Standard, and you'll be able to get better results. The config.plist-Standard is part of the El Capitan Post-Install Tools as described in http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. See also the last paragraphs in the first post here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html.

If you used the El Capitan Post-Install Tools, then rebooting after installing them, use "nv_disable=1" boot flag to get to the Desktop to install the nVidia Web driver.

Reference
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/171680-clover-basics-switching-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back