Graphics
980 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Apparently my first message have been deleted, if it's not the case sorry for the double post. II wrote this message because I just updated my hackintosh I use for a couple of years now based on high sierra with this configuration :
- Asus Z170M-Plus
- i7 6700k
- 16Go RAM
- Gygabyte GTX 980 4Go
- Samsung 850EVO
- 2 TO HDD

I updated the hackintosh flawlessly, everything seems to work using guides from tonymac. I just had to update my nvidia web drivers. So I follow the post on tonymac with troubleshooting, so, I installed Lilu.kext and NvidiaGrapgicsFixUp.kext and install EmuVariable64UEFI. Unfortunately, after reboot I had black screen during the loading of macos. When I deactivate Nvidia Web Driver injection I can boot. Tried to remove drivers, enable SIP and reinstalled but same result.

I plug my display from HDMI to Displayport (found differents posts suggesting that).

You'll fin attached my config.plist, printscreen of my configuration and the code displaying before blackscreen.

Thanks by advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1291 copy.jpg
    IMG_1291 copy.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 365
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 18.43.11.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 18.43.11.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 318
  • System_reports_graphics .png
    System_reports_graphics .png
    114.5 KB · Views: 298
  • config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 241
@Cypher38, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection to your monitor - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install Nvidia Web Drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts) or install AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFix3Drv
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link

Hello BreBo and thanks for your answer, I updated my profile.

Regarding your suggestions, most of them were already done, but I redo the procedure, the only things I didn't do was to install RC Scripts (now it's done) and put nv_disable=1 when installing the Nvidia Web Drivers. Unfortunately, that's doesn't fix my issue...

Only difference since last time was to have the name "nvidia" in graphics section after web drivers installation and before removing the nvdisable=1 (printscreen attached).

I also put my up to date config.plist.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 19.53.42.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 19.53.42.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 252

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 199
Thank you for your file P1LGRIM, unfortunately same result with it, black screen during the boot at the same time...

Thank you vulgo, just do it but same. The problem seems to happen just after sound dependencies loading (I guess it's the graphic part).

Thank you vulgo, just do it but same. The problem seems to happen just after sound dependencies loading (I guess it's the graphic part).
Some things you could try:
  • Turn off integrated graphics in firmware settings
  • Make sure Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup are working - where are they located? /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER compatible with attached plist
  • Attach a copy of IOReg if you are still having problems
You can boot once without the web driver at the Clover menu by pressing F11 to reset NVRAM and pressing 'o' for options -> graphics -> deselecting the NVIDIA web option

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 187
I know this is an old topic, but how did you solved this? I think I'm stuck in a similar situation. High Sierra is updated to 10.13.6 (17G11023) with the latest Nvidia drivers (387.10.10.10.40.134). Inject Nvidia is off. Still I got a black screen, while sometimes it will boot and recognize my GTX 980 TI, but the system is really slow. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back