Graphics
MSI|GTX 970 4GD5T OC RT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm using an i7 860 with a Gigabyte P55 UD2, looking to upgrade my OS to Yosemite and my GPU to a GTX 970 (a MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC). I'm also thinking of putting the new OS on an SSD (a Samsung 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW).

Is this feasible/difficult?

I'm hoping to not have to upgrade my processor or motherboard at this point as it's pretty adequate for most of what I do, but might if that's the only way to get this GPU working.

Thanks!

I'm using an i7 860 with a Gigabyte P55 UD2, looking to upgrade my OS to Yosemite and my GPU to a GTX 970 (a MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC). I'm also thinking of putting the new OS on an SSD (a Samsung 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW).

Is this feasible/difficult?

I'm hoping to not have to upgrade my processor or motherboard at this point as it's pretty adequate for most of what I do, but might if that's the only way to get this GPU working.

Thanks!

I found a report of at least one (mostly) successful Yosemite installation on that motherboard (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...2-everything-works-but-shut-down-restart.html). I don't see any reason that motherboard and GPU wouldn't work together.

Thanks for the reply.

It still looks a bit finicky, so I think I'll keep things as they are for now and upgrade my MB, processor, and video card in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back