Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just updated to Sierra, and I had some trouble getting the Web Drivers working. I've succeeded, and everything appears normal––I have graphics acceleration and the UI is snappy––but if I try to play a game problems become apparent. I can't get an average FPS above 25 or so.

I can't confirm that this is a Sierra problem because I had issues in the past with the card becoming slow, but they magically went away on their own. What *is* new is that the VRAM isn't getting reported accurately. "About this Mac" says I have 0 MB.

According to the Unigine valley benchmarking tool, when everything was fine I got an average of 45 FPS. Now, 19. It is also reporting the card has 256 MB of VRAM.

Zero ideas on how to troubleshoot this. All I know is that it isn't a hardware issue as everything is dandy on the Windows side.

Attaching my config.plist located in /HD/EFI/Clover. Thanks!

Edit: Fixed the VRAM problem by reading the readme, but the performance problems remain.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Any ideas on where I can troubleshoot these performance problems?

Tried that, no difference.

How did you set it? That is required along with the Nvidia web driver for that card. You also need to use the new method to set the web driver as active in Sierra.

How did you set it? That is required along with the Nvidia web driver for that card. You also need to use the new method to set the web driver as active in Sierra.

I have it set to false and have done the new method to set the web driver. Pretty sure that isn't the issue. I have full quartz acceleration and it comes up correctly in About this Mac. The only symptom that something is not right is I'm not getting above 25 FPS in any game.

I have the same issues, anyone else solved it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back