Graphics
GTX 970 G1
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My GTX 970 has been giving me issues since I first set up this Hackintosh. If I try to boot without nv_disable=1, the signal to the monitor disappears 50-60% through the boot (with either HDMI or DVI). When I do get it to boot with nv_disable=1, the system information of course says "NVIDIA Chip Model 7mb."

However, if I inject Nvidia in the config.plist, then boot with nv_disable=1, the system recognizes it as a GTX 970, but with 0mb of VRAM. If I remove nv_disable=1 form this boot it also fails.

In either case, I have no hardware acceleration at all, which is often quite frustrating, so if there is anyone with any recommendations as to how to fix this they would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I have the WebDrivers checked, injectNvidia off (except in the case stated above), and nvda_drv=1 as a boot flag as well. I'm also attaching my config.plist so you can look at it as you please.

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.7 KB · Views: 260
I've used iMac14,1, 14,2, 15,1, MacPro3,1, all with the same result. Do you think using SSDT injection would make a difference?

I've used iMac14,1, 14,2, 15,1, MacPro3,1, all with the same result. Do you think using SSDT injection would make a difference?

It is possible it might help but it isn't necessary. I ran without SSDT injection for a long time with a 970. I use a SSDT now but it is for my board so it is for everything and not just Nvidia injection.

Just to be sure, I would download and reinstall the web drivers, that set your system profile to iMac14,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back