Contribute
Register

GTX 970 / GTX 980 are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
New cable arrived this morning. No dice, still only able to select 1080p over HDMI. I'm using 'Display Menu' from the App Store and that doesn't give me any extra resolutions either.

Any ideas?

The only way I got above 1080 res was with a display port cable. DVI and HDMI gave me 1080 max. Display port worked, giving 2560 x 1440 on my 27" Dell. Beyond that res, I'm not sure. This cable worked for me:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H3Q5E0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What did you have to do to get Cuda-Z to recognize it? Is there a specific kext that needs to be installed?

What version of Cuda-Z do you have ?

0.9.231 is available on Sourceforge.net and seems to detect ok now.

Hello itimjim

Cuda working for you with After Effects CC 2014' ? with your GTX 970 ?
Best regards

It appears to be. Although I can't really comment on how well it is performing as its not officially supported yet. I'll have to do some more testing.

What version of Cuda-Z do you have ?

0.9.231 is available on Sourceforge.net and seems to detect ok now.

I was running .8###### from a few days ago. Just tried 0.9.231 and it's detecting now. I don't have time to test out CUDA but I'll report back tonight when I get home.

I did notice that under Integrated GPU it says "no." Not sure if that has any meaning.

I attached the report.

Attachments

• IMG_4468.JPG
    IMG_4468.JPG
    720.8 KB · Views: 279
This is what AE CC 2014 sees in attachment.

Exactly, I have the same option and message. Have you tried using that setting for Raytracing? You can download a test file here:

http://www.teddygage.com/AEBENCHCS6/

My AE won't render it with the setting on. It just won't effectively use the CUDA cores and fully recognize the GPu.

AE's next update may include this, but it might also be an Nvidia CUDA or driver problem. That 's why I updated to the latest version, I know for sure that the graphics card/CUDA is fully recognized on windows 8 64 bit, so you would assume it should work for OSX and the GTX 970 too.

Previewing and raytracing is a disaster now.

Aris

970 Help needed

I have been trying to install Yosemite and Mavericks using the uni/multibeast drives that have worked for friends of mine. No matter what I do, the install always hangs about 1/4 of the way through at the initial symbol screen. Are there any other boot options i need to use at the initial drive selection screen to enable the installation? I've tried using 'GraphicsEnabler=1' and 'PCIRootUID=1' but those made no difference in the process.
I have a compatible build:
Asus Hero, 4790K, and Corsair DDR3

Everything has been set to default multipliers and settings, disabling secure boot mode, and CFG lock disabled.

The only issue i see here is the Asus 970 I'm using.

Can you help me out?

Thanks

I have been trying to install Yosemite and Mavericks using the uni/multibeast drives that have worked for friends of mine. No matter what I do, the install always hangs about 1/4 of the way through at the initial symbol screen. Are there any other boot options i need to use at the initial drive selection screen to enable the installation? I've tried using 'GraphicsEnabler=1' and 'PCIRootUID=1' but those made no difference in the process.
I have a compatible build:
Asus Hero, 4790K, and Corsair DDR3

Everything has been set to default multipliers and settings, disabling secure boot mode, and CFG lock disabled.

The only issue i see here is the Asus 970 I'm using.

Can you help me out?

Thanks

Use a compatible fully supported videocard for the installation, then install the last CUDA and the yosemite driver (you can find the links on tonymac), only then install the card with the nvidia drv string added to the bootlist.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

start the Hack up, and you should be good to go.

Aris

Anybody wants to do a test with the GTX 970 and After Effects?

Please use this file and check if CUDA works and if the GPU is recognized.

http://www.teddygage.com/AEBENCHCS6/

Help would be appreciated!!

Aris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back