Contribute
Register

GTX 970 / GTX 980 are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still currently running my OS with a GTX970 but need to figure a few more things out. The card in system graphics is shown as unknown. All works though apart from a flicker in safari:banghead:

Is it only Safari that has the flicker issue?

Is it only Safari that has the flicker issue?

I have the safari flicker issue, it's like the text blinky line becomes half the screen and flashes like that until I click the hell out of my mouse, quite deterring! I have the gtx 770

If this is with Mavericks, that is awesome news.

I have some good news for everyone but I can't talk about it yet. All I will say is it is good news on multiple levels of hardware.

Roll that beautiful bean footage! Spill the beans baby!

Pretty much everything in the apple keynote was the information I had. There is a little more but I have to wait till Yosemite is on the store for download, matter of hours :p

Nvidia GTX 970
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
i5 3570k (igp: HD4000)

I've just installed Yosemite 10.10 (GM3) with Chameleon bootloader (tested with clover too).
video card (resolution and cuda) works good !
I can use it with and without the intel HD4000 integrated (discrete or not -> activation/desactivation in the bios).

BUT

No native sound working for alc887, neither nvidia HDMI audio

So i've tested injections with chameleon 2201 boot.plist, toleda realtek alcxxx, enabler methods, dsdt, ...
I can get Alc887 work ok
but no hdmi audio for nvidia.

[10de : ofbb] [196e : 1131] Nvidia / GM204 High Definition Audio Controler
[vendor:device] [sub-vendor : sub-device] (Device Name)

I know other cards get the GM204 chipset.
Maybe anyone have modified Nvidia kext audio files to accept this chip? or other good idees? =)

Nvidia GTX 970
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
i5 3570k (igp: HD4000)

I've just installed Yosemite 10.10 (GM3) with Chameleon bootloader (tested with clover too).
video card (resolution and cuda) works good !
I can use it with and without the intel HD4000 integrated (discrete or not -> activation/desactivation in the bios).

BUT

No native sound working for alc887, neither nvidia HDMI audio

So i've tested injections with chameleon 2201 boot.plist, toleda realtek alcxxx, enabler methods, dsdt, ...
I can get Alc887 work ok
but no hdmi audio for nvidia.

[10de : ofbb] [196e : 1131] Nvidia / GM204 High Definition Audio Controler
[vendor:device] [sub-vendor : sub-device] (Device Name)

I know other cards get the GM204 chipset.
Maybe anyone have modified Nvidia kext audio files to accept this chip? or other good idees? =)
Yes! I am so glad to hear 10.10 supports Maxwell (at least the 970). Speaking of maxwell, do you (or anyone else) think it would be a good idea to get a GTX 750/750ti seeing as there may still be issues with ALc audio? I hear a Gigabyte 750ti screaming my name one Amazon! :D

Hey people

I'm still downloading 10.10, joy of 100Kbps internet speed. I will be able to test my 980 and I can ask a friend so I can test with his 750ti

I just installed Mac 10.10 on my Gigabyte Z97, 4790k. When I installed my gigabyte 970, it froze before the login screen, just like mavericks. I never installed a vid card on a hackintosh either. What do I need to do? Where do I get the web drivers that people are saying might work? Thank you

Take a look at this topic: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...official-nvidia-343-01-01f01-available-2.html

Seems 970/980 works flawlessly with NV drivers under Yosemite.

Hello Everyone.

I've been following this topic closely the last two weeks. I bought the Gigabyte G1 980 GTX hoping it will work. Crazy i Know.
So now I just installed Yosemite with the Unibeast method with my onboard Intel GPU. Installed the Nvidia web drivers, added

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Put in the 980 beast... and it works ! :)
I need to test more but so far so good !

Good luck with your builds !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2014-10-18 à 14.57.20.png
    Capture d’écran 2014-10-18 à 14.57.20.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back