Contribute
Register

GTX 970 / GTX 980 are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi WonkeyDonkey!

This driver isn't for 10.10.3?

I tried many things during this few days and I first started by installing OSX 10.10.3 (with the latest installer available on the Mac Store). My computer was booting as well but even with the latest driver for this OS (346.01.02f04) my second monitor wasn't recognise at all (not like now, where the second monitor is recognise first, then it goes to black without power)!

Then I decided to start from scratch, with a 10.10 installer (and try to upgrade to 10.10.1, install drivers and test, update to 10.10.2, install de drivers and test etc…). I didn't had the time to try this right now :(

Your original post only said you were on 10.10 :)

I have 10.10.3 and the driver package I mentioned above. It works perfectly.

An older OSX version or older graphics driver package is unlikely to work any better for you I think. Reading the forums, some peope are having issues with not all ports being available so you are not alone in that.

Your original post only said you were on 10.10 :)

I have 10.10.3 and the driver package I mentioned above. It works perfectly.

An older OSX version or older graphics driver package is unlikely to work any better for you I think. Reading the forums, some peope are having issues with not all ports being available so you are not alone in that.

Hi :)

Yes, I'm on 10.10 right now (without any updates)!
Yep this is so frustrating, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! I guess this is because everyone has a different configuration and after reading a lot of posts, tutorials or whatever, the MB sounds to change a lot in the Hackintosh process!

So… thank you for you quick replies, I'll try to do what I have in mind (upgrade to 10.10.1, try, update to 10.10.2, try again and 10.10.3). If I succeed I'll let you know guys!

BTW, my config: X99-A, i7 5820K, 48gb ram (yep, video/3D rendering :D) and of course a GTX 970 Strix from Asus.

Cheers!

From what I've been seeing in this thread, and I've been reading all pages, there is now way to get my new 980 Ti G1 to work under Mavericks apart from lousy support with nv_disable :( I would need to upgrade to 10.10.x then

My questions are:

- I have everything setup on 10.9 with my SSD, is it possible to install 10.10 on a new HDD then transfer everything to that drive, and then copy the whole HDD to SSD ? What tools would you recommend for the last step ?
- Would I have HDMI output working ... I've seen some people complaining that it does not work (is it a system, web driver version dependant) ?
- In bios the fans on my Gigabyte G1 spin which gives a not so nice noise. Once the Windows start up and the driver kicks in the fans stop, would it work the same way in 10.10 ? Right now nv_disable=1 in Mavericks doesn't do it.
- Should I use Clover or Chimera ?
- Isn't it better to install El Capitan already ?

Thank you very much if you take time to answer it. I have a recoring session next week and I need to setup my Hackintosh before then :/

I have Gigabyte GTX 980 (not Ti!), Mavericks 10.10.2.

Tell me please is there a problem with booting with Dual Monitors? (dvi+DP) I have such problem. I have to boot up my OS with one monitor plugged in and then I plug in the second monitor and then it starts to work. I've been doing this every boot for about 3 months. Is there the same problem in 10.10.3 and newer NVidia drivers?

And the second question is: what about 4k monitors in 980 GTX (not ti)? Are the work as third monitors or fourth monitors?

I'm having fun with a PNY 970GTX running my 2 27" apple cinema displays. 1 mini displayport works, 2 don't, and the DVI works. Trying to figure out how to tweak that to get the others working.

Update - Attempted several profiles for iMac14,2, MacPro5,1 and messing around with boot args like PCIRootUID=1 or 0, or nothing depending to get Clover to boot. Either way the video card ports stayed the same.

Update [SOLVED] - I had checked Inject NVidia in Clover. Unchecked it and all the monitors came up.

Last edited:
Just installed MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G. Followed instructions for Clover with Nvidia web drivers. Everything working well except for FCPX. Playback stutters to a grind the moment I put an effect on the clip. Didn't have problems with my Zotac GTX 780 before. Sad to see that everything else except FCPX works perfectly.

Thinking of returning and exchanging to R9 390X 8G (either Sapphire or XFX). Thoughts?

Strange i booted this moring and all 6 monitor came alive! I booted with the commands -f apparently i forgot that Yesterday....

This are the versions:
- OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 (14D136)
- NVIDIA Driver Manager 346.01.02f02
- CUDA Driver Version 7.0.36
- GPU Driver Version 10.3.7 (346.01.02f02)

Video cards 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ (04G-P4-3975-KR)

Hi,

Does your hackintosh still work as well as your posting since 10.10.4?
I'm currently using:
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G
- OSX Yosemite 10.10.4
- NVIDIA Driver Manager 346.01.03f01
- CUDA Driver Version 7.0.52
- GPU Driver Version 10.5.2 (346.01.03f01)

My FCPX doesn't work as well. Playback stutters and gets worse if I add effects.

EDIT: I noticed that the Luxmark result actually shows Geforce GTX 970 like shilohh's result showing GTX 980, while mine is showing Graphics Device. Maybe this is what's causing it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 9.50.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 9.50.10 AM.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Hello,

I need to buy a new video card to use in Adobe Premier ProCS6, on a Mac Pro 2x2.4 Ghz Quad Core intel Xeon (2010) and OSX 10.8

Is it possible to use the PALIT GeForce GTX980 JETSTREAM 4GB on my MacPro?
I've seen on the Nvidia site that the driver for this card exist. So it should work also if is not listed in the compatible cards for Premiere Pro
Can I just install the card and work right out-of-the-box?
Thanks for the help

Hi all,

NVIDIA just released web drivers 346.02.02f03 and now my FCP X flies. My Geekbench is still in the same numbers but on windows side it's exactly the same. Doesn't matter, very happy now that its working faster than my GTX 780.

For those of you using GTX 9xx series, I encourage you to download this asap.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a build capable of running 4 GTX980 TI's.
Putting together an Octane workstation and haven't been able to find much info regarding any machines capable of stacking these cards yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back