Contribute
Register

GTX 970 / GTX 980 are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS X isn't booting even if you change the GPU Selection in the BIOS so that IGP is the primary Graphics-Adapter?

I've read some rumors about the next iMac with a Retina Display. There was mentioned that it will have an AMD GPU, what would not be so great news for GTX970/980.

I'm pretty sure someone will find a way to get it working. Also remember guys that I am using a MSI motherboard and not a gigabyte board so stuff is different in the bios so certain features are not there that my be present on your boards. If I get some time at my School Lan on Thursday I will try and to some testing but being a Admin of a lan is not easy job when everyone is too dumb to know how to plug in a lan cable :banghead:

Just as a sort of piggy-back, I'm going to be getting a 980 when they ship in October, I was hoping I could disable the card and just use the integrated GPU from my i5 but now it sounds like that's not a thing?

If not I might just set my system to boot to Windows and just wait out the storm.

I also heard the rumor of a retina iMac, though that's been a rumor for a while now. Apple has been using mobile processors in the iMacs for a while so it's likely we'll have to wait for them to jump to the 800M series if there's any hope for Maxwell on that end. The Mac Pro uses AMD.

If this is with Mavericks, that is awesome news.

I have some good news for everyone but I can't talk about it yet. All I will say is it is good news on multiple levels of hardware.

Please give me the run down since I have a GTX 980 and I want to get it working before 10.10 comes out.

Could you write every step you did?

Thanks for your input!

Yeah, I am using clover

sorry, but what is clover? And why can't you say more about the good news? I don't mean to pry if you can't, but it makes me excited now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back