Gigabyte GTX970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I recently managed to successfully install Yosemite on my computer. I've run into a few issues I can't find any answers to (that I understand!)

1. Very slow graphic performance. I think this is because graphic acceleration isn't on. If I could have some guidance too fix this I would be very appreciative.

2. My GTX 970 is showing up as Nvidia Chip Model 3MB in about this mac.

3. I think i need to install some sort of nvidia driver but i'm not sure where or how because when I open the nvidia web driver package it gives me this: Mac OS X version 10.10.1 (14B25) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

--SPECS--
GPU: GTX 970
CPU: Intel Xeon e3 1230v3
MOBO: Asus B85M-F

Hi,

I recently managed to successfully install Yosemite on my computer. I've run into a few issues I can't find any answers to (that I understand!)

1. Very slow graphic performance. I think this is because graphic acceleration isn't on. If I could have some guidance too fix this I would be very appreciative.

2. My GTX 970 is showing up as Nvidia Chip Model 3MB in about this mac.

3. I think i need to install some sort of nvidia driver but i'm not sure where or how because when I open the nvidia web driver package it gives me this: Mac OS X version 10.10.1 (14B25) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

--SPECS--
GPU: GTX 970
CPU: Intel Xeon e3 1230v3
MOBO: Asus B85M-F

Hi, have you tried booting with the GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot flag?

I haven't been able to boot into the hdd I installed yosemite on because with all the flags I've tried, the spinning ball just comes up and freezes there whenever I try and login.
I think I know what the problem was with the nvidia package but I haven't able to test my solution as I haven't been able to login.

Hi,

I have a very similar rig xeon E312130V3 and a GTX970 though my board is a gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3, until now i haven't been able to install yosemite, the problem is the lack of CPU's integrated graphic while the gtx970 is not recognized.

Would you please tell me the steps you did to succeed your installation?

Congratulations by the way ^^

Thank you

Hey,

This thread is pretty old so I can't quite remember how I did it. I'll get back to you if I find how :)

I'm pretty sure I used nvda_drv=1 to disable the graphics card or something. Installed multibeast and and yosemite nvidia drivers from the nvidia website. Then restarted without the nvda_drv=1.

Hopefully this works. Try and look around for some posts that has something to do with what I said. It took me a lot of troubleshooting and learning how to build a hackintosh before I fully understood what I was doing. Once I did though, everything made more sense as I could actually understand it. Hopefully you can be lucky and get it on your first try though :)

Good luck and tell me if you have anymore problems. Keep in mind though, I'm still very inexperienced.

thank you for your quick reply!

well, it is not the first time i install OSX in a PC, though until now i always had an integrated graphic/or a GPU that was genuinely recognised.

I have tried several times to install Yosemite and first i had succeeded until i changed my graphics card before to install the nvidia drivers for the 970, so i was unable to boot anymore to my OSX :( since then i erased the installation and tried to install a new one but until now without success.

So i'm pretty much impressed you did without using an alternative gpu at least until to be able to boot into the system and then install the proper drivers for the gtx.

So, you say that you just made an USb stick with multibeast and you have been able to finish the installation (in my case i never managed to finish the installation or after it to enter the OS) without any tricks except the flag (nvda_drv=1)?

Can you confirm so ? or can you give me a more detailed way to achieved the install.

Thank you

thanks for your reply, but the problem is not to make the gtx970 to work on yosemite,

the problem i'm facing is to install yosemite while i don't have an integrated graphic on my CPU, then, once installed, i guess i will have to follow the steps you described to allow the gtx970 to work.

anyway thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back