Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 Gaming-7
CPU
Intel I7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello guys, first time trying to make an hackintosh, been using mac for the past decade, I did try to stay on Windows but it doesn't feel natural and always encounter issue... Currently my build is running Sierra 10.12.3 on a gigabyte Z170 Gaming-7, I7-6700k and have dual displays set up on a r9 270. It is not yet perfectly set up, but manage to get my ethernet controller and audio over USB. The problem I used this machine in Windows with 2 monitors on my AMD and at the same time 2 other on intel HD530 and I would like to get a new GPU to manage 4 out of the same card. I was thinking about a GTX 970, performance wise it would fit my need but I wonder if I could manage to use all ports for four displays.

Thank you

All recent Nvidia GPUs support up to 4 concurrent displays.

If your R9 270 has two DisplayPorts, you'll be able to use 4 displays, too.

Thank you for your reply, I knew a single GTX 970 can handle 4 displays, but I was wondering if all displays connectors on the card was working fine under Sierra. Also, in the buying guide, most of them are from EVGA and Gigabyte, is there any issue with Asus or MSI one because they aren't listed?

Sadly, the R9 270 I use was borrowed to me from a friend, I will need to replace it soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back